Anybody else have this weird sensation

[Pt...]

Whenever I lie down to sleep, my body produces a wave of uncomfortable feeling through my arms and legs. Every few minutes. It's hard to describe but it feels like subconsciously my brain is sending negative energy down my body that makes me feel horrible. It's almost an emotional sensation but manifesting in my arms and legs as tightness, soreness, and also with an emotional component. It's almost like an evil thing in my body, I know it's not, but if feels that way. So in addition to insomnia being difficult to cope with, this sensation makes it difficult to just lay there

Mine feels like an electrical wave of energy.  It's almost like having restless leg syndrome but throughout my entire body. It's impossible to sleep with it.

A few years ago I thought had acid reflux.  My Dr told me to raise the head of the bed, which I did using lifts purchased off of Amazon, which are placed under the legs on the head side of the bed.  Now I have found that when I lay on the inclined bed, the electrical waves are greatly reduced.  They are also much better when sitting in a reclining chair.  The waves always get worse when I lay on a flat bed.

I get tons of weird sensations when going to bed that are often kind of frightening.  I sort of get what you described and it often results in tremor-like kicks that jolt my entire body. 

One of the weird things I get is that I will finally fall asleep and a few seconds later I will just shoot up out of my sleep in a panic.  It’s like my brain is saying I’m going to die if I fall asleep.  It was very scary the first time it happened.

I have an uncomfortable feeling in my arms and legs aswell but It usually stays and doesnt come and go every few minutes. My legs sometimes just kick out when I lie still and there is strong feeling the sometimes comes but usually passes fast and I m just back with the usual feeling. I get like night terrors of some sort where I panickly wake up and cry for help for no apprarent reason and my brother once told me that I cried out for help in the middle of the night and that he turned on the light and stuff but I didnt reply and just turned the light of and went back to sleep and I couldnt even remember it.

Lemlon

I haven't found anyone saying they had this and it went away. Has anyone read any recovery stories of this phenomenon? Almost everyone just mentions "insomnia". I have severe insomnia but accompanied by many disturbing details

I actually read alot of recovery stories and blogs of people that had these weird sensations and they all got better after some time. Dont loose hope for recovery and try to keep a healthy diet and make sure you get some light exercise in. If you dont use your muscles at all they will just feel even worse.

I  also read in your tag that you just recently stopped mirtazapin which can also introduce some weird muscle/nerve sensations while taking it and after stopping it. I know that because thats the reason I ended up on Benzos because some uninformed dude just took me of it without a proper taper.

You are not alone and I wish you a fast recovery

Lemlon

I actually read alot of recovery stories and blogs of people that had these weird sensations and they all got better after some time. Dont loose hope for recovery and try to keep a healthy diet and make sure you get some light exercise in. If you dont use your muscles at all they will just feel even worse.

I  also read in your tag that you just recently stopped mirtazapin which can also introduce some weird muscle/nerve sensations while taking it and after stopping it. I know that because thats the reason I ended up on Benzos because some uninformed dude just took me of it without a proper taper.

You are not alone and I wish you a fast recovery

Lemlon

Thanks. I actually don't think mirt contributed to any of my symptoms because I had everything prior to mirt and now that I'm off mirt the same symptoms are still there. I do think long term use of mirt will cause issues which is why I stopped it. Did u read the stories on here or somewhere else?

Hey

I think I read em on here somewhere. I think mostly in either sucessful stories where they went a bit more in dept or just progress blogs.

Lemlon

[93...]

Mine feels like an electrical wave of energy.  It's almost like having restless leg syndrome but throughout my entire body. It's impossible to sleep with it.

A few years ago I thought had acid reflux.  My Dr told me to raise the head of the bed, which I did using lifts purchased off of Amazon, which are placed under the legs on the head side of the bed.  Now I have found that when I lay on the inclined bed, the electrical waves are greatly reduced.  They are also much better when sitting in a reclining chair.  The waves always get worse when I lay on a flat bed.

[/quote

Oh yes I also has that electric thing. Its awful sometimes like waves or pulse or a electric current but I have this 24/7

Do you have it when lie down at times when not goi g to try to sleep?

I wonder if it is positional.

I have to lie down nearly all the time but buttocks nd back are co scantly spasming g.

A lot of ppl get myoclonus jerks and restless leg type stuff in this.

There are alsohypnic jerks.

When I got off completely everything e tried to sleep throat chocked me. That scares me as when first got I’ll in 2996 every time tried to sleep woke up in terror like no oxygen getting to brain.

I notice it more when I'm laying on my back. It's strange since I feel an emotional component to the sensation. It's not a sharp electrical energy. It does feel like misfiring from a part of my brain down my arms and legs, but there's an uncomfortable emotional component, not just t physical

Yup.

It’s uncomfortable and super-weird and can feel like cramping or energy or intense odd vibration and can fully be painful. Before I found out all these symptoms are from Benzos I thought I’d torn something, or it was a blood clot, or some other terrible malady.

Now, I like to think of it as my nerves trying to figure out how to reconnect with body and muscles again. Which, may validly even be a thing.

Interesting that you mentioned you notice it more when you lie on your back. Might be onta somethin there. I’ll try to be more aware of if that’s what initiates it. I do notice it more on my back. Tho I also notice it other times too. Have you found anything that helps the symptom/s? I’ve been using a heated clay bag. This may just be changing the sensation. Makes it at least a little different for a bit. And, that’s somethin. At least for me.

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with it. You are not alone in that.