5 years off Xanax/Ativan 3 years off Seroquel/Remeron/Clonidine

[ma...]

It was not easy. Some days I would’ve rather been in hell. But you will come out on  the other side. My doctor made me cold turkey off of my Xanax and Ativan.  Then she put me on Seroquel and Remeron to handle the horrible with drawls! I also started taking clonidine to combat the withdrawals and I had a major spine surgery so it helped get off the Norco  Please do not take the clonidine for longer than one week! It was worse than coming off of other drugs! Everything was a slow process. Remember your 10% every two weeks rule or whatever your body needs. Everyone is going to have different windows and waves at different time frames. Our bodies are all different. I have been off everything now for three years. I’ve had to have a couple of more surgeries since then, but handled the opiates without a problem.  Your brain will go back to normal. There will be days where you think there is no way you ever will be normal again, but you have to tell yourself other people have done it and have had the same thoughts. You are not alone! The weeks and months seem to drag on, but there is an end to it! Don’t give up!

Well done and very sensible relateable advice. I have been off my meds just over 3 years then 4 months ago weaned off hrt which is just as bad to come off. Menopause got me started on meds, if those symptoms would calm down i would feel elated. Thanks for coming back to give everyone the hopse so desperately needed during this process.

One of the best success stories l have read and l have read quite a few, shall be reading this over and over again, Is it true that after it is over your life is much better than beforehand? Wishing you all the very best for the future Love Katxx

Margie,

Warm congratulations on your success! Solid advice, and well done on your endurance in coming off a nasty cocktail.

Thank you for sharing hope in the new year. I wish you much happiness and wellness in your new life.

Wildflower

Hi Margie, celebrating your great success.

I am at the 8th month turn of my unpleaseant CTs. As you see, they were for short term, but it jolted my CNS. Although there has been 8 months, i am experiencing bad anxiety wave in these days. So just holding at a stable dose of remeron. So you are saying this too shall pass!

Thank you

You had no bad reaction to opiates?

Atm even co-codomol or just paracetemol causes me horrible symptoms like taking LSD and head fizzing etc.

My spine is being crushed by WD.

Was on Benzos following spinal surgery in 2001.

Congrats on 5 years! That's a huge milestone that anybody should be proud of, and when you're in your worst times 5 years seems impossible. I know the struggle of being on opiates and benzos. Your body feels so out of whack it seems like you'll never get back to normal. I'm just now getting to the end of my taper off Suboxone, and while it's been rough I'm really looking forward to being off opiates after almost 12 years. Then it's on to Valium. Life must be so much better for you now and you've earned that. Thanks for coming back to spread some hope for us that need it.

Congrats on 5 years!!  I am two+ years off Klonapin and it took me three years to get off (after being on it daily for 10 years).  I noticed you have been off other medications for 3 years and one of them was Seroquel.  That caught my attention because I have been taking Seroquel for a couple years to deal with my trouble sleeping that I still seem to have occasionally.  I am hoping to get off that one day.

Did you ween off Seroquel?  I am curious how that would be.  Would you mind sharing your Seroquel experience?

I am taking 75 mg.  I don't use it as a mood stabilizer.  I am using it for the drowsiness effects.

Thanks and Congrats to you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Were you able to get off Clonidine without your bp rising? I agree that it's a very difficult pill. I had an adverse reaction to it. I took it, and the next day my bp was 224!!! Of course I'm now getting paradoxical reactions to all bp meds. What a mess.

Enjoy the rest of your life!!!