Tritration Schecule

[Al...]

Hi,

I recently became a member and need some help with a tritration schedule. I read on Tritration instructions-Version 6th Oct 07 that I need to provide dosage, cylinder size and taper rate. I wasn't sure who I should provide that information to, maybe you can help me with that or direct me to where I should inquire. Here is my information: I am taking 1mg of clonazepam each night for sleep.  I purchased a 100 ml cylinder with 10 ml increments that are further divided into 1 ml increments. It is a class A - tolerance +/-0.50 ml  borosilicate glass. I'm not sure what my reduction rate should be, but if you can suggest one based on past users I would be grateful. Thank you for your help with request. Sincerely, Alessia

Hi,

I recently became a member and need some help with a tritration schedule. I read on Tritration instructions-Version 6th Oct 07 that I need to provide dosage, cylinder size and taper rate. I wasn't sure who I should provide that information to, maybe you can help me with that or direct me to where I should inquire. Here is my information: I am taking 1mg of clonazepam each night for sleep.  I purchased a 100 ml cylinder with 10 ml increments that are further divided into 1 ml increments. It is a class A - tolerance +/-0.50 ml  borosilicate glass. I'm not sure what my reduction rate should be, but if you can suggest one based on past users I would be grateful. Thank you for your help with request. Sincerely, Alessia

I have been taking this drug for over 20 years off and on. Right now it’s been at least 10 years. My current dose is 1 mg each night. I recently tried tapering off by splitting pill per my doctors instructions but it didn’t work, I felt the reduction was too severe, my sleep was disrupted and horrible.

Hello Alessia!

It would help us great deal if you make a signature by filling out the box at the bottom of the page telling us your benzo history, symptoms etc.

Is the insomnia the only symptom you experience when you tried to taper? Are your tablets 1mg? It is recommended to taper 5 - 10% every 10 -14 days holding as necessary. Once you let us know what size your tablets are, how much you want to reduce etc. we can help you put together a solid taper plan.

Here is a program that may help you.

Hi thanks for information. The tapering made my existing insomnia worse! So yes it's the only symptom that I had from the taper I attempted. I just felt lousy because of lack of sleep. I've been taking klonopin for sleep along with Remron and it’s working well for over ten years. I do meditation and relaxation techniques to help with sleep as well. Some symptoms of taking clonazepam for so long are forgetfulness, some dizziness and balance issues. I’m back on my original dose of 1 mg of clonazepam and my sleep is back on track.  I think the 5% taper for 10 days would be a good start since I was very sensitive to the 25% taper my doctor recommended. I did fill out the signature page so hope it works! Thank you for your help. Alessia

Hi thanks for information. The tapering made my existing insomnia worse! So yes it's the only symptom that I had from the taper I attempted. I just felt lousy because of lack of sleep. I've been taking klonopin for sleep along with Remron and it’s working well for over ten years. I do meditation and relaxation techniques to help with sleep as well. Some symptoms of taking clonazepam for so long are forgetfulness, some dizziness and balance issues. I’m back on my original dose of 1 mg of clonazepam and my sleep is back on track. I think the 5% taper for 10 days would be a good start since I was very sensitive to the 25% taper my doctor recommended. I did fill out the signature page so hope it works! Thank you for your help. Alessia

You are welcome! Here is a sample taper schedule taken from the calculator. This may be a good starting point. It can easily be adjusted as you see fit.

btw, the signature box is where you wrote "sweet dreams" :laugh:

Alessia ...

I use this plan and it figures it all out for you after you plug in the parameters.  It's what I needed to simplify things.  After you click on Liquid Taper, be sure to read under the Readme First tab at the bottom right hand corner.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Alessia ...

I use this plan and it figures it all out for you after you plug in the parameters.  It's what I needed to simplify things.  After you click on Liquid Taper, be sure to read under the Readme First tab at the bottom right hand corner.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Thanks for helping out CAgirl, I'm so glad you 'get' it!  :thumbsup: