Only took 1-2 times per month .25 and having withdrawals any advice;))

[Po...]

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help.

Reason why I’m here is I took klonopin as needed .25 sometimes. Maybe once or twice per month for about a year. I had no troubles with it. This past December I traveled to South America to visit my family  I took .25  2 days in a row then another .25 2 days later and then 1 day after. Everything was ok but 2 days later I got a bad panic attack I don’t know what it was I didn’t think it was the klonopin. I thought it was the high altitude but then it continued the next few days. At that time I called my doctor friend and explained what I consumed and she told me it was the klonopin. She told me to take the .25 that day and to start taper down from there. I supposed to be back home a week ago but I’m stuck in a hotel room in Colombia. Thank god my mom and family around here. I couldn’t believe this klonopin got me like this. So my tapering has been like this .25 for 2 days .20 for 1 day .15 for 2 days .10 for 1 day until I tried .825 but I felt so panicking. So came back to .10 for 2 more days. I’m doing my taper with a Syringe where I put the .25 pill and diluted it and drink small cc. Has anyone ever going through something similar? Should I keep tapering fast like I did. Even though I didn’t take klonopin everyday. What can anyone recommend in my situation? Thank you guys and I wish everyone a speedy recover and tons of positive energy!!

Looking at your signature, you put the pill into the syringe, wait til it dissolves and then take a small amount from the syringe? Water to dissolve?

I’ve messaged Libertas to read this, so when she logs on I’m sure she will have some insight.  I’ll continue following though.  :thumbsup:

Yes that’s correct.

I wonder if I should just stop and deal with the symptoms until they disappear. Rather than keep taking. Or maybe taper a lot faster once I get home

Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help.

Reason why I’m here is I took klonopin as needed .25 sometimes. Maybe once or twice per month for about a year. I had no troubles with it. This past December I traveled to South America to visit my family  I took .25  2 days in a row then another .25 2 days later and then 1 day after. Everything was ok but 2 days later I got a bad panic attack I don’t know what it was I didn’t think it was the klonopin. I thought it was the high altitude but then it continued the next few days. At that time I called my doctor friend and explained what I consumed and she told me it was the klonopin. She told me to take the .25 that day and to start taper down from there. I supposed to be back home a week ago but I’m stuck in a hotel room in Colombia. Thank god my mom and family around here. I couldn’t believe this klonopin got me like this. So my tapering has been like this .25 for 2 days .20 for 1 day .15 for 2 days .10 for 1 day until I tried .825 but I felt so panicking. So came back to .10 for 2 more days. I’m doing my taper with a Syringe where I put the .25 pill and diluted it and drink small cc. Has anyone ever going through something similar? Should I keep tapering fast like I did. Even though I didn’t take klonopin everyday. What can anyone recommend in my situation? Thank you guys and I wish everyone a speedy recover and tons of positive energy!!

Signature:

So my tapering has been like this .25 for 2 days .20 for 1 day .15 for 2 days .10 for 1 day until I tried .825 but I felt so panicking. So came back to .10 for 2 more days. I’m doing my taper with a Syringe where I put the .25 pill and diluted it and drink small cc

Hello PT-

When are you returning home? If soon, this is what I would do: First, I would not be drinking alcohol and tapering the benzo.

Because you are overseas and in an anxiety inducing situation, I would take the least amount of the Klonopin necessary to lessen the anxiety and make it tolerable until I was able to return home. Once home, I would taper something like what you have done (".25 for 2 days .20 for 1 day .15 for 2 days .10 for 1 day") holding only as long as absolutely necessary.

Because you are an intermittent, short term user I would suggest for you to get off the benzo in a fashion that is tolerable remembering that one does not want to be on this class of medication any longer than absolutely necessary.

Another thing, I would not stuff a Klonopin tablet into a syringe with water and taper this way. Benzo is not water soluble and the doses would not be guaranteed. Why not crush your tablet into a pile of fine powder and divide it into equal piles and taper this way. Or even make a simple suspension would probably ensure more reliable results. Either way, reside yourself to getting off this drug in a safe, reasonable manner. You may have a couple of uncomfortable weeks but you should feel better quickly. Sustaining from alcohol for a while should help reduce the anxiety as well.

Best of luck keep us posted...

Hello Gudruna!

Thank you for this great advice!! I really appreciate it. I would follow your advice. It totally make sense. Yes alcohol is a big no for me now. I think I will quit all together Forever. I wish you much peace and love!!

❤️ 

Hello Gudruna!  IM sorry I meant to write I will follow on the last post. I will get out of here latest Monday.

Thank you for this great advice!! I really appreciate it. I will follow your advice. It totally make sense. Yes alcohol is a big no for me now. I think I will quit all together Forever. I wish you much peace and love!!

Hello Gudruna. I hope you are well.  Wanted to ask you the night before last night I took a smaller dose from .75 to .50 and yesterday all day I was fine. Was feeling some back ache on the lower back I guess due to the withdrawal. But then around 8 pm I started having this anxious feeling in my chest I Didn’t know if to run or sit still crazy feeling. So I started walking to my hotel by the time I got here I felt I was almost spinning around so I took the dose back up to .75 and went to the gym and felt better. Is this normal? What is your advice on what to do when that happens? I felt out of my mind. I think I’m getting there on this low dose. I felt so good the 2 days before I thought everything was over.  I’m

On my way to the airport to get back to the states I’m a little nervous about it.

Thank you in advance for any responses. 🙏🏼💙

Hello Gudruna. I hope you are well.  Wanted to ask you the night before last night I took a smaller dose from .75 to .50 and yesterday all day I was fine. Was feeling some back ache on the lower back I guess due to the withdrawal. But then around 8 pm I started having this anxious feeling in my chest I Didn’t know if to run or sit still crazy feeling. So I started walking to my hotel by the time I got here I felt I was almost spinning around so I took the dose back up to .75 and went to the gym and felt better. Is this normal? What is your advice on what to do when that happens? I felt out of my mind. I think I’m getting there on this low dose. I felt so good the 2 days before I thought everything was over.  I’m

On my way to the airport to get back to the states I’m a little nervous about it.

Thank you in advance for any responses. 🙏🏼💙

Hey there...sorry to hear you are still struggling. I do believe that you may be trying to reduce to much to quickly. That .25mg was a 33% reduction. fyi- 75 mg is not really that small of a dose. It is actually equivalent to approx. 15mg of Valium. When you get back home we can help you devise a taper plan that should help make any symptoms you may experience more tolerable. Have you looked into the different methods of tapering? I would suggest you do this if you have not already done so. Read through some threads, choose a method then let us know :thumbsup:

Try some deep breathing on that plane ride home...safe travels :)

I made it back home. Thank you for your wishes. I meant to say I went from 0.075 to 0.050 I will look into different taper systems.

I will let you know.

Thank you for your support

Actually you are right is .75 ;( I was confused. This is so frustrating and confusing. But just have to stay positive and continue. ;))