Traveling thru customs with titrated mixture

[...]

Has anyone traveled with their "brew" (milk and klonopin) mixed up thru customs? I have a life size picture trying to explain that to customs officer  :D. I know if prescription is in original bottle it's ok but not sure about "brew." Just wondering if anyone has done this and what they told customs. I have a nightmare about them losing luggage so don't want to put it in checked luggage.

Jean

Good question. I think if I was you, I would talk with my doctor to obtain a prescription for liquid Klonopin from a compounding pharmacy to the exact dose/concentration to match your present dose. Don't worry about reducing your dose while away and take the prescribed liquid instead - you would start from where you left off when you return.

Let us know if you need help with some numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jean.  Last year I carried on small 3oz plastic containers of liquid valium on the plane with me.  They never stopped me or asked about it.  I ran it through the xray in a plastic glad bag with other toiletries like mouthwash. However, I am not familiar with the rules for Int'l flight.  I was nervous about it.  I was worried if I put it in a bottle in my luggage that it might get lost or break. 

Vertitgo (no more)