Continue on Clonazepam or switch to diazepam

[te...]

I'm on 0.25 Clonazepam going down to 0.125

What after that? Is it better to switch to diazepam or just continue reducing the clon?

Thanks

Hi terua,

It's totally up to you, many have tapered directly from Clonazepam since it's one of the longer acting benzo's, if you feel you're doing okay, then you can continue as you are.  Many Dr's aren't willing to cross patients over to Valium, but if yours is willing, then you can give it a shot.  Be aware that crossing will come with some discomfort, such as sedation and possibly dizziness, but I'm told that this will pass once your body gets used to it. 

Could you add your taper and benzo history into your signature line when you get a minute, it will make it easier for other members to see where you're at and better able to offer suggestions.  Here are the instructions.  Add your history/signature 

Pamster

Thanks Keagan and Pammy I'd do as you suggest if I could.

But I'm in a dump of a third world country where they don't got liquid K and smallest tablet size is 2mg.

I'm gonna have to try and get settled on 0.125 then either try and get some 0.125 tabs online or use diazepam instead

Someone here told me they got 0.125 tabs in the US but can't find confirmation of that

Is it true?

How about in UK?

Thanks

The “someone” who told you that clonazepam is available in 0.125mg orally disintegrating tablets was me. :) Again, this is US only. 

You can verify the availability of the 0.125mg ODTs at:

ClonazePAM (Professional Patient Advice) - Drugs.com

https://www.drugs.com/ppa/clonazepam.html

Or, enter the “clonazepam” in the search box at:

DailyMed

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/

Thanks Libertas

I wasn't doubting your honesty. I couldn't find on net to order

Titration sounds good but not available here either

I switched from klonopin to valium because it is suppose to be easier coming off. And it comes in 2mg tabs. I'm glad I did. I have to microtaper now and I'm dry cutting, much easier than the .5mg that is the lowest tablet dose that k comes in the U.S.

Valium does have a longer half-life than k. Up to 100 hours. Also it's much less potent.

If you do cross over make sure you get an equivalent dose. .5 K is the same as 10mg valium. It's been much easier to drop mg in v rather than k for me.

You're still at a significant dose 5mg valium = .25 k. Even Ashton recommends jumping at 1mg v and many find that's still too high.

Having said that you should listen to your body and do what's good for you.

When I switched I had about three days of mild effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mobycal

I been told here that k comes in 0.125 tabs but can't find to order anywhere

I will do the valium switch once I can get a supply.

Please READ THIS. .25 klonopin is equivilent to 5 milligrams of valium. I gave you a way too low dosage. Sorry, Gaba brain. I'll edit the first post. So sorry,  Please check the Ashton manual.

I think the smallest dose in the U.S you can get is .5mg I don't know about the UK

Yup I located a site in India with the small dose clonazepam

0.125 but only in generic form

my guess is that if you live in Hicksville you ain't gonna be able to find a pharmacy stocking it or even a doc who knows

When I get down to 0.125 (over halfway there) I'll decide whether to switch to valium or risk getting scammed online for the small K

Nice to know I got options 😁

This is just an update to hopefully encourage others rather than just blow my own horn.

I've nearly cut down from 0.250 to 0.125 by doing on alternate days i.e.

0.250 - 0.125 - 0.250.            one week

0.250 - 0.125 - 0.125 - 0.250  one week

0.250 - 0.125 - 0.125 - 0.125 - 0.250 one week

I got no idea if this is a recommended way of doing it but have had no major issues apart from a bit of the anxiety you add yourself. I know we're all different.

The difficult part comes now

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to add to a previous shred but couldn't find it.

So I had no real problems going from 0.250 to 0.125, just felt a bit wobbly at the beginning due to my own anxiety.

Not quite sure where to go next

Choice is 2mg diazepam or another dry cut

Any ideas which is best? I can't get diazepam right now

I'm confused, you say you can't get diazepam right now, but you also say you have access to 2 mgs?

Glad to see you're doing relatively well thus far.

I wanted to add to a previous shred but couldn't find it.

So I had no real problems going from 0.250 to 0.125, just felt a bit wobbly at the beginning due to my own anxiety.

Not quite sure where to go next

Choice is 2mg diazepam or another dry cut

Any ideas which is best? I can't get diazepam right now

Seems to me if what you've been doing is working, then it might be best to stick with it.  If you're worried about it getting too small to cut, you could crush and weigh it.  We can provide links with instructions.

Thanks Pammy.

You're absolutely right.

I'm on one quarter of a 0.5 tab rite now. I can break into sixths which would be the next reduction but, as you advised, I'll do it real slow till the cows come home.

You're the master of pill splitters, it amazes me how creative our members have to get in order to survive this madness.  Keep us posted on your progress, you sound good, this gives me hope.  :smitten: