Permanent brain damage?

[st...]

I started to scare myself and am wondering if benzos can cause permanent brain damage?  I usually have a pretty positive outlook but this process is really hard.

none of this is permanent. your nerves and nervous system is on overdrive. go to doc to ask something to help you calm down but no benzos or go to a naturopath or chinese medicine. relax most importantly. dont scare yourself more. this will pass

I started to scare myself and am wondering if benzos can cause permanent brain damage?  I usually have a pretty positive outlook but this process is really hard.

No, stereo. You will not be permanently damaged. This is a hard process, but it can be survived . . . successfully! I had a miserable, rotten taper off three drugs, but I'm functioning better now than I was before my taper (s).

Hope this cheers you up a little,

Katz

Dear Stereotokyo.... This has been one of my worst fears too.  I'm not sure most doctors - even the ones that are savvy and have had patient withdrawal experiences could understand how hard this experience can be.  It looks like you are in early days - about 6 weeks jumped ?(Congratulations!).  Please do check in from time to time.  I am expecting a tough first few months post jump - I should be jumped around the end of April.  I know we are all different but from all that I have read it seems like many successful tapers don't report feeling great for several months.  Hang in there.  :smitten:

Thank you for the kind words janiceh. I’ll definitely check in and I wish you luck in your jump. I do notice my personality slipping through more often recently as opposed to before where I wasn’t myself at all so I think things are getting a tiny bit better.

No, stereo. You will not be permanently damaged. This is a hard process, but it can be survived . . . successfully! I had a miserable, rotten taper off three drugs, but I'm functioning better now than I was before my taper (s).

Hope this cheers you up a little,

Katz

I’m glad you’re functioning better now. How long did it take to feel some things ease up for you?

stereo, at about a year off I realized that I had turned a corner, and realized my brain was going to be okay. I could read again, I started to write also (my career).

Hope this helps,

Katz