The “argument” over the prevalence of withdrawal/kindling/etc...

[Li...]

In benzo communities I’ve seen a lot of back and forth (usually not confrontational) about who can and can’t stop benzos easily. Some say lots can, some say lots can’t. Ultimately I think in the end it doesn’t matter, however. Even if people who suffer moderate-to-severe withdrawals are only “a minority”, they still exist and there are still far, far too many. Even 2% is too many. Same goes for kindling, some people aren’t sure if it truly applies to benzos because it, admittedly, hasn’t been well studied in areas besides alcohol, but there are people who have experienced worse withdrawals after previous attempts, and so to and for these people, kindling is real.

The problem is that very few people know these severe withdrawals MAY occur and DO occur for a significant enough number of people and that benzos are, 99% of the time, completely inappropriate for long term use.

Reye Syndrome is pretty rare but there’s been that warning on the aspirin bottle for as long as I can remember, because it DOES happen.

How often it happens is really moot, because it happens often enough, just like benzo dependency and withdrawal (and I’d bet money benzo dependency is much more common).

• 7 months later...
I'm 100% kindled. I've CT'd and OD'd about 10 times in total. I was mostly symptom free after a major benzo OD 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago I had a bottle of wine and since then haven't been able to sleep for than 2 hours a night. Previously I was getting 8-9 hours.