This is Life With Lisa Ling - Benzo Crisis (Link still works... for now)

[to...]

If you haven't seen it, I found this link to the Lisa Ling special on benzos that still works.

If you want to watch it, you need to do it now as Turner Broadcasting will probably pull it soon.

This is Life With Lisa Ling - Benzo Crisis

Are you sure it’s still being restricted? If so, we have to take it down to avoid problems with publishing restricted material. Hopefully it’s okay since it’s on YouTube.

Watch fast, folks. I need to run this by Colin. We had to remove links in the past, but that was before it aired.

There is no notice in this link regarding "restriction".  Why some YouTube links work and others don't

I have no idea.  Take it down if you choose.

If there are copyright concerns, this would be between Youtube, the copyright holder and the Youtube account holder. There are procedures under the DMCA (which I do not need to detail) for Youtube to follow if there is a claim of copyright infringement - this is of no concern to BB. Any links placed here by our members to Youtube videos do not potentially infringe upon copyrighted materials.

I went to my GP today to touch base with him.  He went along with me about prescribing Valium

for an "Ashton style" taper.  I had to educate him about how to get off benzo safely with a long

taper.... he didn't have a clue so I had to educate him. 

Anyway, I took him the link to the Lisa Ling sepecial on Benzos (which is still functioning as of today)

and asked him if he would watch it.  I didn't beat up on him for prescribing me Atavan for long term

in the first place, but I did figure it could be a "teachable moment" for him..... sure was for me!

You did a good thing today, not just for yourself but for others too, one Dr at a time, awareness and education will come.  I hope he watches it.

I would like to show this to my doctor, however I think I will wait until I discuss withdrawling with him. It wasn't his fault I was started on these meds, but I do know he prescribes long term. It's either going to be a good visit or a very bad visit.  ::)

I also work in web development. As long as BB isn't hosting the material it is not in violation.

You did a good thing today, not just for yourself but for others too, one Dr at a time, awareness and education will come.  I hope he watches it.

Thanks Pam.... that's what I figured.... maybe it will help somebody else if he becomes more aware of benzos.  I didn't lay the "Medicating Normal" website on him... there is a lot of "smoking gun" stuff on there and I didn't want to come across with an indictment (just yet).  No doubt it will take a while for the "good ship benzo" be turned around, but like you say.... "one doctor at a time". 

I thought the Lisa Ling special on Benzos was a pretty good balance between an outright indictment

of "medical professional" and a "teachable moment" for patients and prescribers (I think by design

by CNN producers).  I hope this link stays up for a while so others can use it as an intro to getting

their doctors to work with them on a taper.

(... and I asked my Doc three times if he would take the time to watch the video... he said he would.)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would bump this up for those that haven't seen it. Its one of the few links to this

special that still seems to be working.