Does it get harder as u taper or easier or a little of both?

[Ho...]

Could anyone tell me does it get harder as we taper lower or easier or...........

a combination of either/or?

Would appreciate any and all opinions and experiences on this. 

Thanks.

Thanks Mary,

I'm tapering every day.  Mostly 1 ml a day for three days then hold 1ml for two days, then I start again.  Only problem is lately my CNS is reacting by Shooting up my BP into dangerous levels and won't come down.......then (against my wishes) I have to hold for a day or two.  Once, it was so bad about a month ago, I had to hold 3 weeks to my dismay. 

The BP SPIKES is a real concern because as I taper down....I have to wonder if it's going to impinge my ability to get off this stuff.

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it.

Kimmie

Thanks Mary,

I'm tapering every day.  Mostly 1 ml a day for three days then hold 1ml for two days, then I start again.  Only problem is lately my CNS is reacting by Shooting up my BP into dangerous levels and won't come down.......then (against my wishes) I have to hold for a day or two.  Once, it was so bad about a month ago, I had to hold 3 weeks to my dismay. 

The BP SPIKES is a real concern because as I taper down....I have to wonder if it's going to impinge my ability to get off this stuff.

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it.

Kimmie

Kimmie, you might ask on this thread , if anyone has had the same experience as you with the bp spikes, they may have an idea?  :).  Or look in our search engine, it's amazing all the information you can find in there.  💜

LOL.  The only one that comes up with BP SPIKES is..............Drum Roll............

ME!!!

Lol, with all the issues with bp spikes, that is unbelievable  :). Back to asking the question  ;)

LOL.  The only one that comes up with BP SPIKES is..............Drum Roll............

ME!!!

LOL... figures, right?! Let me see if I can find a good read for you. In the meantime, know that BP spikes are common in the entire process.  To treat or not to treat, or how and when to treat is the question...

[29...]

Hi Hope! :smitten:

Nobody can't tell you because it's a very individual issue. Also you don't know how is going to go, that would be guessing. So what you can really do is have a good plan, follow it the best you can, have faith you are going to reach the end and don't make it the center your life. Distraction, exercise, good diet and coming to BB less often can also help you greatly!

Good luck!

Miguel

Yes both for sure, as I went from 2.5 slowly to about .75 I had more positives like mood better and improved cognition. (Mainly physical symptoms on the negative)  Then near the 20% of original dose I hit the stuff you hear about most. 

Lesson learned, go slowly once you hit 20% of original dosage.

yubyub71,

Yes, I saw that on YouTube with "Neighbor Bob."  Makes sense though.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Much Appreciated.

I'm also wondering if it gets easier or harder as you taper.

I take v at night and have a rough morning then feel the best right before my next dose. This seems a little strange to me.

I'm also wondering if it gets easier or harder as you taper.

I take v at night and have a rough morning then feel the best right before my next dose. This seems a little strange to me.

Mob, there is no linear healing in this process unfortunately, so no one can tell you whether you are going to feel worse or better.  Undulates is a good word, you will probably feel both.  Paying attention to your symptoms and trying to keep your taper inline with them, is the best chance you have to have tolerable symptoms.  Good luck !🍀

For me, it has become more difficult as doses get smaller. I think I've been cutting to fast (it seems like such a small amount!)

I am having some serious physical problems, so that is a big piece of my particular picture. Lots of pain and very little sleep would make me crazy at the best of times.

Also, I'm tapering using Klonopin, and really really wish I had switched to Valium from the start. Klonopin only comes in fairly strong pills and it's tricky to cut them up into little bits.

Hey.  Everyone is different.  Reasons, doses, length of time, meds, age, other health issues, mind sets etc.  It’s not helpful to compare in a way.  Even one person can have different experiences on different tapers.  This is my third taper off the same med clonazapam.  I swear it’s my last.  First one was easy after 9 years on!  Second was easy after 1 month on.  This one is harder after 20 months on.  Very low dose each time.  I come here but not a lot.  Because over focus on the meds and symptoms actually doesn’t help me.  I like to read success stories.  They encourage me.  I’ve just tapered from .175 to .125 last night.  I’m ok but hey day 4 is the usual ugh day.  Keep on focused on a future free of this. 

Not doubting you, just asking how you tell your bp went up? Is there something we can use at home? (That's all I meant.)

Twitch,

When my BP SPIKED, it went from 110/60 to 255/155 in less than one minute.  IF that happens, YOU KNOW it has spiked!  It did this to me for THREE SOLID MONTHS.  Doctors were concerned I might have a stroke or ORGAN DAMAGE.  BP Meds did not stop it for me.  It was continual but now it's finally settled down but it was ongoing off and on since Last FEBRUARY for me.  Even had a mild heart attack from it by getting upset on top of what I was going through. That was like the STRAW that broke the Camel's Back for me.

It's a miracle I'm okay today.  Still tapering and have a way to go yet but much better than I was so far.

I started tapering from .5 Ativan (sounded so small and harmless to me before) in September.  Symptoms have been bearable all fall.  But I think this last cut brought it low enough that my body is really protesting.  I am now taking a little less than a 1/4 of a 1 mg tablet, so probably a little less than .25 mg, I don't know because I am going by gram weight.

This past weekend my blood pressure was not regulated by my metoprolol and shot up.  I feel awful when my bp goes up, really can't tolerate it, so after a few miserable days, I increased my metoprolol by 12.5 mg.  I am not at a high metoprolol dose, so I think it's ok.  If it seems to stay consistent, I'll get my prescription changed, hope my doctor won't have a cow.

Last year, when I was still using Ativan, and before they got my bp under control, Ativan was my go-to for bp spikes!  Very effective, too.  But now I can't do that!  I think Ativan has been sort of supplementing my bp medication, and as it gets lower, it can't help the bp at this lower level.  That's my theory, anyway!

Raising the metoprolol has definitely helped, the bp is still a bit higher than I like, but not 175/100 like it was.

I got out our old bp cuff which I haven't bothered with for a long time, and will keep an eye on it.

So I am starting to think it is harder as you get to smaller doses, at least that's how I feel right now.  Quite a lot of symptoms in addition to the bp spiking.  Yuck!  I use Zofran if the nausea gets too bad, and Tylenol for general achiness and I also use it for my arthritis, because ibuprofen makes blood pressure go up.

Also, when I made my last cut, these symptoms didn't get strong until about 2 weeks later -- sort of a lag. So this past Monday I held at this level for the first time that I didn't reduce my dose.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the advice of not over focusing on wd.  Distract.  Enjoy what you can.  Have hope.  Imagine a healed self free of meds.  Choose health.  I’m getting there and will be there soon.  Another month isn’t long compared to the entire journey.  We’re all different in our timeline and capacity to recover.  So much depends on other factors.  Don’t compare yourself, it’s impossible.