Benzo withdraw from another perspective. Just for fun.

[Ba...]

Benzo withdraw from another perspective.

Just for fun.

I ride a uni cycle just for fun. Doesn’t sound like it’s anything whatsoever to do with benzo’s, but keep on reading please. But remember...I was insane before I started this, also very jumbled! So if it sounds like madness, then you’re getting better.

The very first day I mounted my new uni I fell backwards without so much as the peddles revolving once, that was my first day, I was shaking with fright "omg"  this is going to be more difficult than I thought. I needed a plan, if I were to carry on this insanity I needed protection. I know, elbow pads and a helmet. So of I went to the chemist (drug store for you yanks) and got some supplies for the next day.

The next day came without any sleep in between, despite my supplies. Never mind, I need to learn to ride this and that’s what I’ll do. I struggled all day, the pain, fear, emotions, everything went crazy for a week...

then, something happened, I stayed upright for a while, was this the start of me getting better?

I went to bed that night and thought about my brief success. I lay there for what I thought was hours awake, but no, I’d slept! I’m starting to get just a little bit better, not much, but there was already improvement. I was out of bed and ready for what life may through at me, I was going to beat this impossible insane torture.

As each day went by it became a little easier and made more sense, although I fell off many times, sometimes it hurt like hell for hours, even whole days without much improvement, but sure enough, as time went by it became easier. I could now ride ten yards without a fall, eventually I always did seem to crash, some times I was out of it for a week or so I was that hurt.

Eventually months had gone by without me realising that I had gotten better and better. I was now riding a hundred yards or so, although I still had protection and knew I wouldn’t be quite me with all the extras I felt I needed, so bit by bit I done without until eventually I was riding as a pro, no helmet, no elbow pads.

It feels great to ride every day without feeling like I’m going to fall off, I might wobble along the way from time to time, buy I no longer need my benzo’s, I can live my life in absolute peace and sleep at night like a baby. Thank God, I’ll never ever have to learn how to ride a unicycle again in my life. Because benzo’s muddle your brain. Not forever though, it gets better and better, we all recover!

Now I’m back to normal. Banana Man, a Superhero!

[2d...]

Banana Man

This is perfect.  I need a "uni" and every padding available if I m to learn how to do it! Challis you are right  Best post for sure!  Keep them coming. Lmao!

B

Thank you...

I’m glad you like it.

I’ve been sat here for a couple of hours compiling this and never once thought about my painful legs.

Maybe I should become a writer!

Although I like being a Superhero!

God bless.

Thank you...

I’m glad you like it.

I’ve been sat here for a couple of hours compiling this and never once thought about my painful legs.

Maybe I should become a writer!

Although I like being a Superhero!

God bless.

Aha...a successful distraction for you and everyone who reads your writing.  :highfive:

[3e...]

Distraction is key! Eccentricity helps.

so loved your  opening post.    Love it.  and the above post,

I think they gave me benzos to make me conform/fit in to society, after much trauma,

and to ........TRY .. ..... to  kill my Eccentricity  :laugh: :laugh: 

Its slowly coming back methinks  :thumbsup::smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoy your moxie. And your writing style. This is a long marathon!  And there are times when you just feel depleted, and progress is an elusive thing. That is why I like your post. What you focus on can expand. I need to refocus today, past anxiety and pain, to hopefulness. We are healing, each day. It may be just a tiny amount of healing but over time, our bodies seek stasis. Please keep writing.  :thumbsup:

Joyatlast51...

Thanks you for your kind and positive words. It doesn’t hurt to give a little hope and humour. One needs a little moxie to ride a unicycle or to come off these damn pills!

(I used to take propranolol many years ago, then again I’ve been on many different pills over the years.)

Peace be with you.

Through struggle to the stars. Are you Ex-Mil?

Banana Man,

I enjoy your posts.  I am about the same age (56) and am recovered too. 

Your name wouldn't have anything to do with Ray Comfort would it?

I am ex-Military.

ThEwAy2...

I am still in recovery, eight months at the moment, although I do exaggerate that I am better than I am, some choose to do the opposite, I think.

Ray Comfort...Mmm...that’s a million $ Q...lol

Anyway, I’m glad you’re enjoying my posts, maybe I should become I writer one day?

ThEwAy2...

I am still in recovery, eight months at the moment, although I do exaggerate that I am better than I am, some choose to do the opposite, I think.

Ray Comfort...Mmm...that’s a million $ Q...lol

Anyway, I’m glad you’re enjoying my posts, maybe I should become I writer one day?

News flash. You already are.  :thumbsup:

Joyatlast51...

Thanks you for your kind and positive words. It doesn’t hurt to give a little hope and humour. One needs a little moxie to ride a unicycle or to come off these damn pills!

(I used to take propranolol many years ago, then again I’ve been on many different pills over the years.)

Peace be with you.

Through struggle to the stars. Are you Ex-Mil?

BMan keep on pedaling. My "unicycle" ride is wobbly sometimes but more stable days are coming. Balance is key.....and for me it is all about focus. I am learning the power of distraction, and the power of movement (which I believe is medicine). Keep posting the relentless pursuit of positive thinking! As to my sig and the similarity to the RAF motto......it has guided me all my adult life.  Not former military,  but served in other capacity. My training and licensure (amazingly ironic) was in Psychology. Specifically, anxiety, depression and PTSD. Keep the faith, my friend.