I jumped! No more Klonopin!

[An...]

I just wanted to post this to give others some hope. There truly is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay on track with your taper, be patient, and remember you too, will reach the end.

I did not want to bump into any issues and wanted a smooth taper, so I was conservative with my taper ,  I did not rush and I can honestly say, I didn’t have any withdrawal.

At a period, I had twitches, but they did fade away.

This forum is sensational!! I knew absolutely nothing when I came here seeking help on tapering. I was stuck at a quarter of a pill, unsure and frustrated and how to go lower and the people here helped me.

I am truly grateful and I want to thank each of you for your support.

If I could ever help anyone, please ask... I’d certainly try my best.

I am keeping each of you in my prayers.

Thank you! Xoxo

This is wonderful news, I'm so happy to hear you had few problems!  I hope your post taper is as successful as your taper and you'll be able to write a success story soon.  :smitten:

Congratulations on getting off Klonopin!  So glad you are free.

May I ask why you switched to liquid at .125mgs? 

Thanks and I wish you the best going forward.

I just wanted to post this to give others some hope. There truly is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay on track with your taper, be patient, and remember you too, will reach the end.

I did not want to bump into any issues and wanted a smooth taper, so I was conservative with my taper ,  I did not rush and I can honestly say, I didn’t have any withdrawal.

At a period, I had twitches, but they did fade away.

This forum is sensational!! I knew absolutely nothing when I came here seeking help on tapering. I was stuck at a quarter of a pill, unsure and frustrated and how to go lower and the people here helped me.

I am truly grateful and I want to thank each of you for your support.

If I could ever help anyone, please ask... I’d certainly try my best.

I am keeping each of you in my prayers.

Thank you! Xoxo

This is so wonderful. Congratulations!

I really needed to read this since I had been reading nothing but horror stories on this site. It's comforting to know that it is possible to slowly taper off of Klonopin with manageable withdrawal symptoms even after taking it for 15+ years.

It's taken me 18 months to go from 2 MGs to just under .5 MGs and I still have a long ways to go.         

What wonderful news! Congrats to you. Jump day is huge

:smitten:

What's the recommended jump dose for Klonopin on a DLMT tritation? I was told to jump at 10 ml, which it's equivalent to 0.025 mg and I'm almost there!  :)

Is that correct?

Thank you all for your support! I appreciate it more than you know.

Final hearing ,

The reason I switched was I could no longer cut the pill once i got down to 0.125 mg ( 1/4 of a 0.5 mg pill). The piece was too tiny to cut evenly.

I had IMO, unknowingly been cutting 1/4 of the pill at increments which I later found out was likely too much. I had suffered withdrawals during those cuts. Not surprisingly though, as someone from this forum had later taught me... 1/4 of a .5 mg pill is a 25 % cut. That’s a lot to cut at once.

Once coming here and learning how to dilute this down , I did exactly that and it was truly smooth sailing from there, but i did go slow.

IHPSDM,

I’m so happy that you can see a glimpse of hope!!

Yes!! It is possible!! I have been on this medicine since 22 years old. I’m now 50!!

Hang in there and keep going slow. You’ve already come so far! You WILL reach the end and it’s really not all gloom and doom.

All the best!

Dorila,

Congrats to you too!!

Yes that’s what I heard as well. The pharmacist told me the same.  I don’t think I felt any benefit at that low Of a dose but I did continue till almost zero , just because ....

I hope all the best to you on this journey as well!

Congratulations and well done, Angelinnny555!  You are an example and inspiration to all of us who are tapering clonazepam/Klonopin.

Thank you also for your willingness to answer questions about your taper.  Like other members, I am eager to learn from your success.

Might I ask three more questions?

(1) What taper schedule did you use?  Did you reduce your dose on a daily basis?  Weekly?  Other?

(2) How many times a day did you dose?  Once, twice, other?

(3) In your experience, what were the keys to your success with respect to tapering?  You’ve already shared several of them - recognizing that cutting a tablet into quarters is a 25% reduction, using a conservative taper rate, switching to a liquid formulation when you reached a low dose, tapering to a sub-therapeutic dose before jumping.

Thank you in advance for your response.  Gratefully yours, Libertas

What's the recommended jump dose for Klonopin on a DLMT tritation? I was told to jump at 10 ml, which it's equivalent to 0.025 mg and I'm almost there!  :)

Is that correct?

According to Jim Hawk's plan, yes, 0.025 is the recommended jump dose for klonopin.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Thank you for your kind words Blacklablady!

Libertas, 

1) I did reduce my dose everyday. Jim Hawke helped put together a schedule of reduction e wry 2 weeks but each day , it was a little less during the two weeks and that accumulation added up to the 5% after 14 days.

2) I only dosed once per day but keep in mind I was only weening off one pill per day.

3) I  reminded myself and expected anxiety to return and I read a bit on how to handle  panic attacks  when they arise. For me this is why I was on the Klonopin to begin with.

I had been having ... I don’t recall the name -a type Of withdrawal from NOT increasing my dose over a period of 20 years. My body was craving more klonopin  but I remained on the same dose. So for me, I had been in withdrawal state even before weening off and that could be the reason why I just kept feeling better and better!! All the terrible crap I was feeling got better and disappeared. The dizziness , confusion, eyeball pain, tiredness, depression all gone!

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hi I’m currently in a treatment facility detoxing from klonopin they put me on Ativan to start the

Taper it was 2mg times per day times 3days then 1mg times 3days.25 for 3 days then done I think

They tapered me too fast I’m currently going through post a cute withdrawals I have tremors sweating

Dizzy blurred vision one seizure etc do you have any input about this I’m really having a hard time.🤕🤕🤕🤕

Thank you for your kind words Blacklablady!

Libertas, 

1) I did reduce my dose everyday. Jim Hawke helped put together a schedule of reduction e wry 2 weeks but each day , it was a little less during the two weeks and that accumulation added up to the 5% after 14 days.

2) I only dosed once per day but keep in mind I was only weening off one pill per day.

3) I  reminded myself and expected anxiety to return and I read a bit on how to handle  panic attacks  when they arise. For me this is why I was on the Klonopin to begin with.

I had been having ... I don’t recall the name -a type Of withdrawal from NOT increasing my dose over a period of 20 years. My body was craving more klonopin  but I remained on the same dose. So for me, I had been in withdrawal state even before weening off and that could be the reason why I just kept feeling better and better!! All the terrible crap I was feeling got better and disappeared. The dizziness , confusion, eyeball pain, tiredness, depression all gone!

Hope that helps! 🙂

I'm always glad to hear that someone who tapered Klonopin found that their depression lifted and is gone.  It's my biggest symtom and I know it's from the medication. 

Angelinnny555: Thank you so much for responding!  This is very helpful. Sending all good thoughts and best wishes your way for continued smooth sailing in the days ahead ... Libertas

running horse: I am sorry to learn of your struggles.  You might consider posting your inquiry to the Withdrawal Support board.  That board gets more “traffic” than this one plus you will create a thread that is specific to you.

• 1 month later...