Help with muscle problems

[...]

I am 8 mos. beyond a 3 month taper from 3 mg daily of Lorazepam....still having symptoms described by many as PAWS...like almost all victims of this poison,I was not made aware of it's problems....started taking for sleep issues....I am currently experiencing spasms/twitching in my thighs...wondering if that is common and how such a problem manifests itself and what to expect...will be getting an EMG soon...as strange as it sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,hoping the benzos are to blame!

Congrats on finishing your taper. Your central nervous system is still healing, so be patient and accept it's part of the process. It can take a while, this is not unusual. That was a rapid taper, and your body is still healing. It can take a very long time for your central nervous system to completely recover. On going symptoms are completely normal after a taper is finished.

Get any medical test and input you need, but your symptoms are probably withdraw.

Here is the section on post taper recovery, you will find camaraderie and support, as well as infoformation in here:

Recovery Support

-Welcome from the BB team, we are glad to have you.

Welcome always seems odd, since nobody wants to be in a situation to require this place, at all.  But, once you do, it's the best we have at our disposal (unfortunately, the medical profession has failed us.)  Congrats on finishing taper!  :thumbsup:

Too early to determine if PAWS.  Protracted forum (subscription) is suggested once you are at least 18 months post-jump.  Suggest familiarizing yourself around community & learning more (when able to concentrate).  Another excellent information site: Benzo..Info. Coalition good place to begin.  Also, suggest setting up your signature line.  Since you're post-jump, to also set up the ticker.  -  You'll see what I"m referring to in others' posts.  Wander around some; if you don't find information you need, PM an administrator/moderator for assistance.  Also, good to read forum instructions on sticky threads.  (Look like online post-it notes.)  Good luck to you.  Links below.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/09/common-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-post-withdrawal-symptoms/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6NG9kIP_5gIVluDICh3eYAYEEAAYASAAEgJrOfD_BwE

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/09/common-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-post-withdrawal-symptoms/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6NG9kIP_5gIVluDICh3eYAYEEAAYASAAEgJrOfD_BwE

[a2...]

Are you eating, drinking enough water, stretching or walking?  It's important to do this as you can.  I have had tests done I m healthy but I have crazy sx!  Mine are a sx!

B

I am 8 mos. beyond a 3 month taper from 3 mg daily of Lorazepam....still having symptoms described by many as PAWS...like almost all victims of this poison,I was not made aware of it's problems....started taking for sleep issues....I am currently experiencing spasms/twitching in my thighs...wondering if that is common and how such a problem manifests itself and what to expect...will be getting an EMG soon...as strange as it sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,hoping the benzos are to blame!

You said"spasms/twitching in my thighs". Were you having any other SX's that have gotten better? Congrats on getting off this junk!

Hi bbf, I still experience sporadic muscle twitching in my legs, 2 months post my last dose of Ativan. The twitching is not anywhere near what it was at the height of my withdrawal. I find that when I exercise the symptom abates somewhat. My feeling is that it is not getting worse and it is somewhat better so I chalk it up to the residual effects of stopping Ativan. Hoping you find relief soon!