Interested in switching ativan to valium

[Bl...]

hi

i take ativan twice daily .375 mg noon and .5 mg before bed but having a tough time tapering . if i switch to valium would i switch my night dose first directly to 5 mg valium . or wait one week on .25 mg ativan with 2.5 mg valium for adjustment . The ashton manual states going half at a time for cross over but since my dose is .5 before bed dont know if this step is neccessary and i can just c/o directly to 5mgV from .25 A .

thanks so much

Hi Blkhawks19,

Are you still considering switching?  I'm sorry no one has responded, you might want to see what the folks on the  Valium Support Group thread have to say.  Since it's just a thread, you can post your question and someone will come along and give you their take on your question.

Pamster

Hi pamster for now my doctor thinks it's best to taper straight from Ativan if possible. My first cut first few days were terrible but I got much better after a week. Today I did my second cut and I'm relieved that if I start freaking out for couple of days I know it's normal and will pass as I get adjusted to new dose

I tapered straight from Xanax, which is short-acting like Ativan. It was definitely doable.  And yeah, I had three days of amped symptoms which then settled down and I could cut again.

Challis