The guidelines really need to be more specific (re: 2-4 weeks)

[Li...]

No one really knows whether this means 2-4 weeks in a lifetime or 2-4 weeks and then stopping and resuming, etc...

I was always told by docs that taking benzos a couple times a week was safe as long as I didn’t do it daily. In my past experience that has been pretty true (can only speak for me), but that also meant I was taking them most weeks... which potentially puts me at way over the recommended guidelines (though I have stopped several times prior with no withdrawal that I could recognize).

The guidelines don’t reflect “as needed” usage and what is safe AT ALL and that’s so frustrating.

OOOPS. Realize I made a similar post the other day that I thought didn’t go through. My apologies.

[0c...]

How do you feel?  Are you having any sx?  Not everyone does.  Don't let fear creep in.  Your body will tell you.

B

I agree that it's too vague. If I had my druthers, the safe length of time would be days, not weeks. Some people get dependent very quickly. Every time I hear or read "two to four weeks," I silently cringe inside.

"As needed" is a crock IMO. I took Ativan as needed. Sometimes I didn't take any, sometimes one or two - or even three. It can lead to a very unstable CNS.