Author Topic: The guidelines really need to be more specific (re: 2-4 weeks)  (Read 132 times)

[Buddie]

The guidelines really need to be more specific (re: 2-4 weeks)
« on: January 07, 2020, 03:18:21 pm »
No one really knows whether this means 2-4 weeks in a lifetime or 2-4 weeks and then stopping and resuming, etc...

I was always told by docs that taking benzos a couple times a week was safe as long as I didnít do it daily. In my past experience that has been pretty true (can only speak for me), but that also meant I was taking them most weeks... which potentially puts me at way over the recommended guidelines (though I have stopped several times prior with no withdrawal that I could recognize).

The guidelines donít reflect ďas neededĒ usage and what is safe AT ALL and thatís so frustrating.

OOOPS. Realize I made a similar post the other day that I thought didnít go through. My apologies.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The guidelines really need to be more specific (re: 2-4 weeks)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:22:03 pm »
How do you feel?  Are you having any sx?  Not everyone does.  Don't let fear creep in.  Your body will tell you.

B
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The guidelines really need to be more specific (re: 2-4 weeks)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 05:42:57 am »
I agree that it's too vague. If I had my druthers, the safe length of time would be days, not weeks. Some people get dependent very quickly. Every time I hear or read "two to four weeks," I silently cringe inside.

"As needed" is a crock IMO. I took Ativan as needed. Sometimes I didn't take any, sometimes one or two - or even three. It can lead to a very unstable CNS.