Klonopin to Librium - Failed?

[No...]

Hello,

So I crossed from Klonopin to Librium in about a week.  Felt fine while doing it. However the 10th day without any Klonopin all hell as

broken loose.  Sick as a dog.  I am at a loss of words what to do?  Should I reinstate on Klonopinto stabilize?  Is this normal?  Any input apprecited especially from Benzogirl or Challis.

Thanks

Hi Nomore...sorry to read this. I checked the equivalency chart and 50mg of Librium should more than cover the K you were on. And you haven’t started tapering yet, right?  I think I’d be tempted to go back to the Klonopin if this is intolerable, and it sounds like it is. Let me go back and read over your post history and see if I can get any further idea what might be going on. It will only be a guess...sometimes crossing to a different benzo just doesn’t seem to help.

Challis

Okay, that didn’t take long...you also started tapering Paxil at the same time you were crossing. Do you think that could be what’s going on?

Hi Chalis,

yes tapering Paxil DEFINITELY hurt.  I decided to stop completely this weekend and that is when all hell broke lose. I went back

to the 1/2 a dose I was taking and feel fine.

Back to the Librium. It has controlled the anxiety however I feel soooo. Tired.  Exhausted.    Is this normal?

Also....  here the question of the day. Going thru a horrendous divorce and custody battle.  I am under a TON of stress right now.

I can see how you can taper off of a med being stress free and no worries.  However I am stressed to the max.  I don't now if maybe

I should just reinstate to 1.5 mg of Klonopin a day until this is all over.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Or if anybody else on this board

has been in my shoes.  I feel like if I get off.  Then I will have massive anxiety and panic.

Any input appreciated.

Going to answer your PM here, same questions.  :)

Could be that you’re a little over- medicated.... 50mg of Librium is a little more than equivalent to the K you were on, I believe. The equivalencies are just rough estimates anyway.  Or I could be all wet and it’s just the way the Librium affects you. I’d give it a bit of time, in the meantime maybe log some extra sleep?

As to being under stress...I hear ya, tough time to be trying to get off of an anxiety drug. Librium’s benefit is that it comes in small doses and is easy to cut...so you may want to just cut a teeny bit once in awhile and see if your anxiety stays overall manageable. For court and custody dates, in your place I would probably take a bit extra for those days.  Saying so will bring the wrath of the ‘benzos are poison and everyone must get off asap’ community down on me but reality is reality.  🤷🏼‍♀️  And it’s just my opinion.

I tapered Xanax without any help or direction and had no issues with dosing a little extra in times of stress...so I’m speaking from personal experience.  My goal was to get off, and I did it somewhat erratically on a downward trajectory until I got near the end and found it necessary to  keep things more stable.

Challis,

thanks for your information.  Would you just 'hold' at the level I at now. Then taper later?  My fear is I will become intolerant

to this drug.  What are your thoughts?

I can only put myself in what I think might be your situation...I also have been through divorce and custody, although it’s been 20 years or so.

On the basis of having ongoing outside stress, I would probably try tiny reductions in the Librium, maybe once a week, just to get started in the right direction and to avoid developing any further tolerance. I’d also leave it open to myself to take extra in case of an event such as a court date or custody mediation or something of that nature. I realize that can be a slippery slope to frequent ‘rescue doses’ but if your goal is to get off benzodiazepines then I think rescue doses will be rare.

To answer your question about holding, I do think I wouldn’t try to cut until you’re sure you’ve made a complete recovery from crossing to Librium and the Paxil uproar.

Not to mention that you don’t want to totally lose your cool whilst sparring with all the lovely people you encounter in the legal system.  :P

thank you Challis. I feel I am stabilized on the Librium however with no Anxiety.  However I feel dizzy every morning. Why is this as I am

not even tapering yet?  How do I get to a place that I can stabilize, not feel dizzy and taper?  Am I taking too low of a dose or something?

Is this tolerance I have now?  If anybody else has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

I am not giving medical advice but, I will share some information i.e. some benzodiazepines may not reduce symptoms of w/d of Triazolobenzodiazepines (Klonopin is a Triazolobenzodiazepine).

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74309.msg3019958#msg3019958

Best Wishes

Hello Fi Addendum,

The drug listed in this link is Clonazolam, not Clonazepam/Klonopin, so this wouldn't apply to Nomorebenzos2 situation.

Pamster

Hey Pamster,

Here is an update.  Feeling extremely dizzy, tired and sick on Librium.  I read online somewhere

a guy had the same symptoms. I can’t function like this.  What are your thoughts?  Get off the Librium back to Klonopin and stabilize?  Then taper.  I was originally on 1mg twice a day of Klonopin. Then for 9 months then direct switch to Xanax 1.5 mg. That worked for a while then built tolerance became sick.  Then rapid detox 7 days. After a few days out of detox could not take the withdrawal.  So I played doctor myself and reinstated to .75 Klonopin. Felt better. Tried hard to get off this stuff. Got down to .25 Klonopin in 60 days. Sick as a dog. Went back up to .75 Klonopin. Then went over to Librium by doctor.  I know this sounds confusing.  You might have to read it twice. 

What are your thoughts.  I cannot function on this Librium. 

Any advice appreciated.

I've been keeping up on your posts, I'm sorry you're so sick, I can tell you're desperate, not to mention under stress with personal issues.  I've seen Challis trying to help you with your Librium substitution but you still seem pretty freaked out.  Is this because of the totally foreign sensations the Librium is causing, is the enemy you know better than the one you don't?  Is going back to Klonopin your answer?

I hate to see your efforts to cross to the Librium be for naught by not giving yourself time to stabilize, but are you making things worse by your reactions to the new drug?  No one can answer these questions, you'll have to figure out what you can and cannot accept.  Can you accept that no matter what drug you taper from, it's going to hurt, that there is no drug which will take away the pain?  You can minimize your symptoms, but acceptance of your situation will go a long way towards showing you the right path.

I'm so sorry, my heart hurts for your pain.  :therethere:

Yikes, this morning you were doing okay.  Wonder what changed between this morning’s good post and now?  Could this just be a blip?

I’d probably wait to see if tomorrow is better.  You’ve made a lot of medication changes. 

I am not giving medical advice but, I will share some information i.e. some benzodiazepines may not reduce symptoms of w/d of Triazolobenzodiazepines (Klonopin is a Triazolobenzodiazepine).

Best Wishes

Hello Fi Addendum,

The drug listed in this link is Clonazolam, not Clonazepam/Klonopin, so this wouldn't apply to Nomorebenzos2 situation.

Pamster

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Clonazolam

Best Wishes

Hello Fi Addendum,

Pamster

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Clonazolam

Hello Fi Addendum,

Yes, I see according to wikipedia, Clonazolam is a Triazolobenzodiazepine, but what does that have to do with the Clonazepam nomorebenzos2 was taking?

Pamster