Is this normal near the end?

[tw...]

I'm in the last months of a very slow taper off lorazepam and I'm now down to one mg. This past week I've been more anxious than usual (and I'm usually VERY anxious, hence the lorazepam). I can usually be normal around other people but I'm really close to acting out. Is this expected more near the end than the beginning of a taper?

Thank you!!

Congratulations on your progress. Everyone seems to report more issues when the doses are the lowest.

10% changes at under 3mg tend to produce more effects.

Not sure if you checked Ashton Manual, but 1mg of Ativan = 10mg of Valium. Most people jump at 0.5mg Valium.  You may be experiencing more issues like interdose withdrawal as Ativan's 1/2 life is 10-20 hours. You could get a sharp drop in blood levels for 4-10+hours if you take the whole dose at once. That would aggravate anxiety.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm.    Check with the Ativan taper group here.

I'm drug sensitive so even though on low dose Valium taper, often have to split it up.  Full dose all at once leaves me too sedated.  Good luck.

Thank you for the info!!

Congratulations on your progress. Everyone seems to report more issues when the doses are the lowest.

10% changes at under 3mg tend to produce more effects.

Not sure if you checked Ashton Manual, but 1mg of Ativan = 10mg of Valium. Most people jump at 0.5mg Valium.  You may be experiencing more issues like interdose withdrawal as Ativan's 1/2 life is 10-20 hours. You could get a sharp drop in blood levels for 4-10+hours if you take the whole dose at once. That would aggravate anxiety.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm.    Check with the Ativan taper group here.

I'm drug sensitive so even though on low dose Valium taper, often have to split it up.  Full dose all at once leaves me too sedated.  Good luck.