Ativan vs Lorazepam?

[my...]

Is there a dosing difference between Ativan, and Lorazepam?

I was taking 1mg Ativan three times a day, then got switched to Lorazepam. I’ve started to have some

withdrawal effects, and am wondering if it is just in my mind, or if there is a dosing difference between the two medications?

Is 1 mg of Ativan, the same as 1mg Lorazepam?

Thank-you guys!!!!!

Edited to add: Is there also a time difference between the two? I’ve been taking Ativan every 8 hours, but am wondering if Lorazepam lasts the same amount of time in the system?

Lorazepam is the generic name for Ativan so they should be essentially the same.  The manufacturers might be different though, so you may want to check with your pharmacist to see if you’re getting the same pills.

Thank-you Challis99!

It sounds like it is all in my head.

I’ve had extremely bad situations where I tapered too quickly and ended up in a very bad way. So I think I might just be extra paranoid right now.

Not necessarily all in your head...some people are sensitive to pills that are from different manufacturers. There shouldn’t be too much difference but it may be worth a call to the druggist to ask, and then maybe replace the ones you have with your previous brand if possible.

I sometimes had alprazolam (generic xanax) and sometimes Xanax. i didn’t notice a difference, personally.

Even if they are slightly different you may find that your body adjusts quickly. Here’s hoping!