Author Topic: Sleep Will Return!  (Read 5890 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Sleep Will Return!
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2021, 03:02:35 pm »
[...],

I remember sending PMs to [...] when his sleep was terrible.  He couldn't believe that Z-drugs (Benzos in disguise) could mess up his sleep that much.  I am pretty sure that's what most believe on this forum?  If doctors only knew the amount of pain and suffering they cause by prescribing Benzos and Z-drugs, they might stop prescribing Benzos and/or Z-drugs?  At a minimum they should limit the length of time to 2-4 weeks Maximum!

Sleep returning is very UP and down.  You'll do well for several nights or even weeks, but the poor nights always find their way back to you, until sleep evens out for good.  That is a completely "normal" pattern.

Good luck going back to work...Siggy gave good advice by saying do as much as you can the [...] before (in case you have a poor [...] of sleep); that way, in the morning, it will be easier to get out of the house.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2022, 08:17:41 pm »
Hi, [...],

Happy New Year! Last [...] was my second 4 hour [...] after several 6 to 8 hour nights. I never know what I am going to get. I really appreciate your words of encouragement that it will eventually "even out". It's been 8 months since I started my taper and 2 months since I finished it so it would make sense that I am not healed yet. It has gotten better though. Even 4 hours is better than it was, let alone 6 or 8.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2022, 03:21:38 pm »
[...],

Great news..glad to learn that your sleep is slowly improving (as it should)!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2022, 07:16:15 am »
Hi [...],

After a few weeks of good sleep, I went back to a stretch of 2- and 3-hour nights. The last 3 nights have been better. 6 to 7 hours. Hopefully, tonight will be good. You are right that it isn't linear healing. It's up and down and back and forth.

Off to bed again! Wish me luck.

[...]