Author Topic: Sleep Will Return!  (Read 5875 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Sleep Will Return!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 06:55:55 am »
I tried Trazodone only once and initially liked the way it made me feel (bright, compared to the gray feeling that Remeron gave me), but sleep was impossible for me while on it. My sinuses got so congested that I felt that I was going to suffocate and this is not good while already overly anxious. I could not lie in bed for hours until the effect wore off. Congestion is a listed side-effect of the medication, but I guess that I got an extra dose of it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 08:50:39 am »
27 months since jump and sleep is quite normal now. It recovered somehere 20 months off. Canít complain anymore. Typically I sleep 7-8 hrs and wake maybe one time in the middle.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 04:35:42 pm »
[...]...

Glad you made it through.  I knew you would.  There was a period of time were you weren't so sure, but that was the same with me and almost everyone else that recovered.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 03:33:38 pm »
[...]...

Glad you made it through.  I knew you would.  There was a period of time were you weren't so sure, but that was the same with me and almost everyone else that recovered.

Thanks! 😀😀😀

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 08:41:11 pm »
Bump

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 02:48:14 pm »
I follow these posts because my sleep is still mostly elusive.  On April 2, I had total left knee replacement and other than the first two nights on oxycodone, my sleep is either gone or I get an hour.  On Sunday [...], I slept between six or seven hours. I woke up a few times, but did manage to go back to sleep.
It's gone again with maybe an hour last [...].
A few nights ago, I felt so awful from no sleep.
I also wonder if the lack of sleep is slowing down my knee recovery.
On the bright side, I am able to do more each week, so in spite of so little sleep there is improvement.
NG

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 02:54:29 am »
Wish I could sleep. So miserable. I'm lucky to get 3 hours. I have dreams--slightly weird but nothing bad.
I'm honestly tempted to so a minor updose in hopes of stabilizing.

Can anyone give me some reassurance that I'm not going to die of sleep deprivation, have a heart attack, permanent brain damage, or anything? Been losing it the past few days.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 12:31:32 pm »
You certainly won't die or have a heart attack.  Why would you?  Your heart always beats even when your sleeping.  I went 10 months on very little sleep and never experienced any medical issues.  In fact I went to 4 different ERs in 4 different cities over a 4 week period and they all said there was nothing wrong with me.  I had every medical test that insurance would allow including brain and body MRIs, complete blood work, etc. 

Everything came back normal.  I was certain that my lack of sleep would cause some sort of medical issue, but it didn't and it didn't for many others on forum too.  Your body will get all the sleep it needs before something bad will happen to you.  "microsleeps" sustain you. 

Sure, it's always better to sleep, but 3 hours isn't bad.  There were many times when I thought 3 hours of sleep was great.

Unfortunately updosing at this point probably isn't going to give you more sleep?  Please be grateful for the sleep you are getting.

Your sleep may become worse up and until you are completely off, but then true healing and recovery will begin. 

It may not be easy but, you can do this.  I did it and so did countless others.  It's temporary, it won't last forever.  Sleep Returns given enough time.

Good luck

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 05:33:36 pm »
Humm, I was hoping if I held my dose until I stabilized I would get slightly improved sleep and I could work on a very slow taper.
At least I wont die but I'm still incredibly miserable and sad.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2021, 05:59:45 pm »
Humm, I was hoping if I held my dose until I stabilized I would get slightly improved sleep and I could work on a very slow taper.
At least I wont die but I'm still incredibly miserable and sad.

I'm sorry your are experiencing insomnia. That is my biggest symptom too. That and GAD. I also get 0 to 3 hours most nights and I am grateful if i sleep at all, which I did last [...]. I know it's hard, but it makes the days go by so much better if you can figure out a way to accept the page you are currently on and be grateful for what sleep you DO get along with being grateful for many symptoms you're not experiencing.

Here's to hoping we both have better sleep sooner rather than later but, while we're waiting, as much peace as possible.

[...]