My messy Klonopin taper. Blah.

[Li...]

Been only using daily for two months though for several years before that a few times a week with some breaks. However, learning what I have about Klonopin’s half-life I wonder if I may as well have been a daily user since it doesn’t totally leave your system for two weeks and I’ve only gone without it that long a few times.

Was taking 2mg almost daily from the end of November to the end of December at which point I started taking 1mg DEFINITELY daily. Got down to .5 mostly and a couple of days none. Not sleeping lately but pretty sure that’s related to stress because when I take the K I feel all the “good” effects but I just can’t shut my mind off thinking about this whole process. I took 1mg the day before in split doses and slightly less than 1mg yesterday because I had a fight with family and I really needed some sleep.

Joke’s on me. No sleep to be gotten. But at least it quelled the panic. Ha. I just want to know how bad it will be or if it will even be bad. Perhaps I’ll get lucky. Then again I also have no coping mechanisms for anxiety BESIDES benzos so I have that to look forward to. It’s so difficult to get out of my own head here.

My story is similar to yours in that I took K for years on and off and never had a problem, then my doctor said many years ago take 1 mg everyday, safe to take forever, and then it's been downhill since then, I can't figure out how to get off.

Since you have been at daily use for a fairly short amount of time, I would really try to figure out a way to get off and then stay off. If you need help with anxiety there are many natural remedies (magnesium, ltheanine, exercise, meditation come to mind). Good luck.