Is this withdrawal?

[Me...]

Hello all, new to site and thankful to have found it. I’ve been on 1-2mg of kpin for 2 years for severe panic disorder. They want me to try cutting back. I had been taking it differently than most; I took 1mg in the morning and that was it all day. Then if needed, extra .5mg.

My dr said in order to start tapering go to .5mg/2x day instead of the 1mg once. I’m noticing I’m extremely trembly, irritable and my mind is kind of racing. Could it be possible by taking these half doses is starting to make me feel withdrawal? I’m kind of nervous and want a reason to explain what is happening. If anyone could help I appreciate it so much!

It could definitely be withdrawal if your body is used to that single dose daily and you split it. But since you haven’t dropped your daily dose, I’d say you were safe. It just may be uncomfortable for a while, and then you can continue a taper at a rate that is comfortable for you. It’s also possible these symptoms of psychological at this point since it’s a change to your routine. If you feel worse or like you can’t handle it, talk to your doctor and tell him you need to try a different method (of which you can find several helpful variations here).

Thank you so much for the response. I know what you mean about it being partly psychological. But my hands were shaking so much I couldn’t hold my cup this morning. I am definitely scaring myself about this whole process. Happy to have found this site though!

Thank you so much for the response. I know what you mean about it being partly psychological. But my hands were shaking so much I couldn’t hold my cup this morning. I am definitely scaring myself about this whole process. Happy to have found this site though!

You might want to give some meditative thought to how the "unknown" of splitting your dose could generate fear, and manifests in panic and anxiety. Trembling gets me too, and it usually has its genesis in my sad thoughts about how long this is takin, the impact on my kids and husband etc. I only say this to you because our thoughts about this thing can inspire us or torture us. Hey, I am not saying I have a handle on this, but I sure can relate. Splitting your dose will allow for fewer interdose lag dips. It is a good plan. Watch out for the power of your thoughts. Sending warm healing light your way. - Joy

I know I can make myself nervous and panicky by being afraid, etc.  But, with this tapering, I think withdrawal symptoms are inevitable.  Hang in there.  You can do it.

Thank you all. I’m my own worst enemy when it comes to my thoughts. I let them get out of control. I appreciate taking the time to answer :)