Author Topic: Wondering how big a role insomnia plays in aggravating/causing symptoms.  (Read 178 times)

[Buddie]

I know that when I donít sleep, even before benzos, I start to feel insane/get parasthesia/twitching/DP-DR... all symptoms common in benzo withdrawal. Iím not saying they would cease to occur if those suffering could manage good sleep, but since many cannot, I wonder if a big step in treating benzo WDs is tackling the sleep issue. After all, the brain needs sleep to heal itself. Thereís a reason sleep deprivation is considered torture.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Wondering how big a role insomnia plays in aggravating/causing symptoms.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 12:11:38 am »
I believe that sleep is HUGE while we are healing, I'm just not sure how much control we have over it since it's a chicken/egg kind of thing.

That's why it is super important to take all of the common sense measures you can to ensure you get the best sleep- stay active, eat right, sleep in a cool, quiet, dark room, avoid stimulation late at night....etc. Admittedly I slack on some of these things more than I should.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.