Is coconut water ok to drink everyday?

[Pt...]

I eat healthy. No soft drinks. I'm terrified of setbacks. The only drink that's not water that I'm able to tolerate and have some enjoyment is canned coconut water. No added sugar but I know it naturally contains sugar. Thoughts?

You can certainly do worse than coconut water but keep in mind that sugar is sugar- your body doesn't know the difference between fruit sugar and candy, it all causes insulin to spike.

Personally I try to avoid all sugar. It's no coincidence that we have a diabetes epidemic since they started putting sugar in everything.

Coconut water is great for hydration.  I drank it every morning while in withdrawal. I believe it helped replace fluids lost to the sweating and such that occurs during withdrawal.

pianogirl  :smitten:

You can certainly do worse than coconut water but keep in mind that sugar is sugar- your body doesn't know the difference between fruit sugar and candy, it all causes insulin to spike.

Personally I try to avoid all sugar. It's no coincidence that we have a diabetes epidemic since they started putting sugar in everything.

True, but how is it even possible to avoid all sugar? So many healthy foods contain it like yogurt, apple, literally all fruits.

Miracle, there's a YouTuber called benzo positive and she says it helped her sxs. I drank it last summer when I had a terrible crash and it didn't make me feel even worse. Perhaps a tiny bit better, could've been just placebo.

True, but how is it even possible to avoid all sugar? So many healthy foods contain it like yogurt, apple, literally all fruits.

It isn't easy considering the fact that since fats were demonized back in the 90's they started putting sugar in just about everything. Go to Walmart and try to find some beef jerky that doesn't have any added sugar. Good luck with that. It's BEEF JERKY fercrissakes. Why do you need to put sugar in that? Because at this point the public is addicted to it.

Are fruits really healthy? The idea that they are healthy has been pushed on us for a long time but the reality is that you could go your entire life without eating fruit and be perfectly healthy. You can get some vitamins and minerals from fruit but it doesn't have anything you can't get in other foods.

Most people don't realize this but you can also go your entire life without eating a single gram of any carbohydrate and still be perfectly healthy. Matter of fact some people would argue (and I agree with them) that keeping carbs low is a much healthier way to eat. Your brain needs a small amount of glucose to function but your body is perfectly capable of synthesizing that from fats and protein via gluconeogenisis.

The two times in my life where I saw amazing changes after changing my diet were when I was eating a weight lifter bulking diet way back in the day, and last year when I switched to keto. When I made the switch to keto last year I did a bunch of research, and I now realize just how bad modern diet advice is.

[74...]

https://dlife.com/8-science-based-health-benefits-coconut-water/

from this link, above  along with its many other benefits also. 

Science-Based Health Benefits Of Coconut Water

May Provide Benefits Against Diabetes

Research has shown that coconut water can lower blood sugar levels,

The same study also found that the rats had lower levels of hemoglobin A1c, a measure of long-term blood sugar control.

https://dlife.com/8-science-based-health-benefits-coconut-water/

from this link, above  along with its many other benefits also. 

Science-Based Health Benefits Of Coconut Water

May Provide Benefits Against Diabetes

Research has shown that coconut water can lower blood sugar levels,

The same study also found that the rats had lower levels of hemoglobin A1c, a measure of long-term blood sugar control.

Good find Sky.. :)

-Simple to read, and a relatable (to me) article...

I tend to drink 1-2 litres a day (bottled), unless I run out... -But while I much prefer it fresh from the nut, its stronger (than my brand of “pure” bottled) and one “nut” (250-300ml) per day feels like all my body wants... -fwiw... (thats not a quantity suggestion)

While I would never say it “cured” me, initiation of coconut water did coincide with some rather positive changes, esp with my particular GI SX and overall “vitality”...!!??

I cant speak to sugar content of anything.. Im “immune” to it apparently... :(

-Though I do try to keep it within reason(ish) these days...

Perhaps, like most things, gently try and see, -if one is curious...??

My best to All..