Did I mess up?

[th...]

HI all

.25 xanax for 3yrs, then switched to .25klonopin for 1.5 years, I tapered over 2mo and jumped at .125

I am now 104 no benzo, however

Last 2 weeks admitted to hospital, with diverticulitus, micro preferation, 15 days augmentin along with 4 days diflucan in hospital

Over the last few weeks I have not felt right, dizziness, anxiety has really ramped up

The last 2 days have been a mess, went to ER sweating, shaking, palps, then ran all tests,,,,,no heart failure, no brain issues, bloods fine

JUST anxiety

It has been so bad lately that I have been pacing, dizzy and cant think,,,,,I decided to try lose dose lexapro

But I took .25 xanax today, did I set myself back and is one dose, or even a few doses to get me through this rough time an issue? DO I need to retaper after this

I didnt know what else to do

Love you

Hi

I felt a little more relaxed, that burning anxiety subsided,,,,,,,I was really doing ok off Klonopin, bearable,,, but after the hospital trip anxiety turned up,,but  the symptoms in general really have me affected....

- head and jaw tension, pressure

-dizzy nausea feeling

-hard to track fast objects on pc or tv, makes me feel seasick

quite a few others

they have alwasy been there since taper, and not  as bad before taper

Can I take a benzo to get me through this rough time?  or even just one dose?

love you all

I'd think twice about reaching for a pill to fix what you're feeling right now, that behavior is how most of us ended up here.  I understand your symptoms have ramped up again after your horrible experience, but I feel it would be wise to tough this out. 

No, it shouldn't be a problem, but if I were you, I'd get rid of the temptation.  When we're desperate, we tend to make bad choices. 

Pamster

Thank you so much for repsonding to me,,,,,, I was pacing, dizzy , air hunger, I could not work or do anything,,,,,,this is the first time I reached for it

It feels so hard to judge, is this REALLY benzo withdrawal, or some pre existing anxiety disorder,,,,

DO you think that 100 days out from being on .25 for 5yrs is really still early?

Love you all

I'm afraid it is still early in your recovery.  Isn't this ridiculous, I mean I was under the impression when I quit Klonopin cold turkey that when the drug was out of my system, I'd be fine, but it's not the case is it?

The drug changed how your brain sends messages to just about every part of your body, and even though the drug is gone, the pathways have to be restored.  Your brain is working as quickly as it can to repair the damage, but it takes time.  I mean, think about other medical issues, major surgery or traumatic injuries, all of these things take time to heal, it's the same for your brain.

No, it shouldn't be a problem, but if I were you, I'd get rid of the temptation.  When we're desperate, we tend to make bad choices.

Agree. I would bury the pills in dog crap.

Thanks guys for the responses,,,

Did any of you struggle with dizzy, woozy, head , jaw pressure symptoms, these are really depressing me

It seems to have gotten worse in month 3

This is what Professor Ashton had to say. 

Muscle symptoms. Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic conditions ranging from spinal cord disease or injury to the excruciating muscle spasms of tetanus or rabies. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long-term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains which have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.

At the same time, the nerves to the muscles are hyperexcitable, leading to tremor, tics, jerks, spasm and twitching, and jumping at the smallest stimulus. All this constant activity contributes to a feeling of fatigue and weakness ("jelly-legs"). In addition, the muscles, especially the small muscles of the eye, are not well co-ordinated, which may lead to blurred or double vision or even eyelid spasms (blepharospasm).

None of these symptoms is harmful, and they need not be a cause of worry once they are understood. The muscle pain and stiffness is actually little different from what is regarded as normal after an unaccustomed bout of exercise, and would be positively expected, even by a well-trained athlete, after running a marathon.

There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practised regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone - which will eventually occur spontaneously.

Thanks!!

I have been following her for quite some time now, and researching this whole thing, it seems the brain is packed with gaba receptors, as well as the gut and it just takes some time to upregulate, but not only that, the entire brain and body work together,,,,,

Im just so disheartened, my life is really efffected as are many people, feeling dizzy, boaty and floaty for so long can really get you down,,,,,,,

Have you heard of many people like this that over time they really got better and it disapeared?

AND,,,,have you seen any difference between Xanax and Klonopin?,,,,it seems for me klonopin was worse for me than the X

Love

TheDayDreamer

Most people heal from what I've seen around here, it's just the time frame that is still a big question.  I was lucky, I recovered within 14 months, some take a lot longer, not many take less, but we do heal.

The symptoms lessen as time goes by, and then they go away, but you don't realize they're gone because they come and go so many times before they actually go for good, it takes awhile to realize it.  This is a stupid, ridiculous process and we don't deserve it! 

The thing is, by taking these random doses, you are quite likely going to extend the time it takes for those annoying feelings to subside and for you to properly heal....Have you considered throwing them in the bin?

Hi

I have not really taken random doses,,,,just one .25x

I tapered and finished and was free of any benzo for 103days, then yesterday, I had a weak moment took .25,,,,,I did get slight relief, but was really wondering if one .25 dose can really goof things up,,,,,It does seem unlikely,,,,and no more panic doses no matter what

Have you seen someone who has taken .25 for 5 years come off and have issues,,,,,doctors say its a crumb amount,,,but I know how thats goes,,,,,

I never had any underlying dizzy issues, and it driving me crazy along with the jaw and head pressure, it almost torture,,,,

Love