So sleepy - Clonazepam taper

[li...]

I've almost completed my first week of tapering off Clonazepam. For over six years I've been taking 1/2 milligram every night, sometimes a little more. My dosage has been reduced by 1/8th of a milligram. For the past few days I've been so sleepy, it's harder to wake up in the morning and I feel in a mental fog most of the day. It feels as if I've been taking a higher dose rather than lower. I'm not even sure if this is even related to the withdrawal process. Has anyone else experienced this?

Wow, I've not read many posts with this symptom, it's fairly typical if they're crossing over to Valium, but to tell you the truth, I would have welcomed this symptom, rather than the increased agitation and sleeplessness.  The mental fog sounds familiar though.

Maybe others will stop by with their experience.

While I can't vouch for the drowsiness. My first week of tapering down by 25% of my xanax, I couldn't think AT ALL. I was a total zombie with no motivation to do anything, including work.

Thanks Pamster and Zurek. I'm not 100% sure this is because of withdrawal, but we'll see. One reason could be because I seem to be waking up during the night, not fully, but I'm aware of it. Whereas on the higher dose I'm normally out for the night. Plus I've been dreaming a LOT. Thankfully no bad dreams.

I’m currently tapering from .5 mg of kolopin. I started in early December. I’ve had both sleepless nights and extreme exhaustion.  The brain fog is crazy some days.  Hope this helps you feel good ok with your symptoms.

Thank you Eagle 56, it's helpful to know.  And Terry38, yes, I too think dreaming's a good thing when they're not nightmares. It seems to help the brain reboot, so to speak.

Echoing what Pam said, feeling sleepy is an unusual symptom. For me, I am afraid it's insomnia, tinnitus and severe muscle spasms...  :-X