Author Topic: 2000+ Days Off - My Insomnia/Benzo Advice  (Read 27674 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 1200 Days Off - My Insomnia/Benzo Advice
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 06:35:29 pm »
Theway, how do u know baylissa has helped more than 10,000 ppl? Did she say that?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 07:21:10 pm »
Good M

Hold on to the positive, FEAR is a symptom, don't read stuff that scares you, spread your support net far.  Don't play into the thoughts, acknowledge them and label them and move on.  Stay in the real world as much as you can!  Keep a journal.  Practice self care, eat, exercise and drink water.  No alcohol! 

You are healing!

B
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:03 pm »
Theway, how do u know baylissa has helped more than 10,000 ppl? Did she say that?

Yes...she said that on her website/blog. I encourage you to read Baylissa's blog...they are positive and uplifting:  https://baylissa.com/blog/

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:38:41 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 08:35:39 pm »
@ [...]

Correlation, not equation...does one thing have anything to do with something else happening.  And I said it's a generalization, not a fact.  No one knows how long your sleep issues and other WD symptoms will last.  But there is some evidence to suggest that the longer you were on Benzos the longer it might take to heal, but not always.  There are always exceptions.  It's just a general guideline.  I am 56 and know that good quality sleep declines as you get older. You can get decent sleep back, but it will take more time.  I wish I had better news, but TIME is the healer and there is nothing that can be done to speed up time.  But the good thing is, it always passes.  I encourage you to read Baylissa's blog...they are positive and uplifting:  https://baylissa.com/blog/

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 08:40:58 pm »
I honestly don't think that correlation exists, rather it's more related to genetics and how badly ones receptors have been damaged. There's are so many success stories here who mention they've been on benzos for years, polydrugged, yet either walk off with minimal symptoms or started healing relatively quickly.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 12:22:47 am »
Theway, what a great post! Logical and dedicated and knowledgable. You are SO right. Benzo wd can astound one with its utter horror, but if one uses the principals listed here and other places, it can be dealt with. Thank you.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 08:05:45 am »
[...], [...], [...], [...],

I thank you all for your opinions, support, wise words. They helped me a lot.
One proverb: "What doesn't break you will make you stronger."
I thank you for writing to me and not leaving me alone for my misery   :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 11:09:33 am »
[...],
   Do you care to share how old you are?
Does age make a difference in how fast
we heal insomnia or in being able to taper ?
Thanks if you care to share. You donít have
to.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 01:02:13 pm »
OMG, I am going to re-read this once a week!  I am having to learn new ways to cope, where my response used to be "I can't stand this, take half an Ativan."  Or, "Why wait til this gets worse, take half an Ativan."  Actually, I am surprised and sort of proud that I have gotten through some bad nights "on my own." 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 02:54:02 pm »
[...],
   Do you care to share how old you are?
Does age make a difference in how fast
we heal insomnia or in being able to taper ?
Thanks if you care to share. You donít have
to.

No worries.  I am 56 and will be 57 in October.  I think your overall health means just as much as your age?  People usually say when you are older things take longer to heal and that may be true for a cold or broken bone.  Not so sure about Benzo WD?

I didn't taper, so I don't know how that might affect an older person.  I think most of this WD battle is psychological.  Acceptance and gratitude and my attitude helped me more than anything else. There are no magic potions or pills to take or shortcuts for getting through WD.  Unfortunately the only way out is through the process and let time do it's thing.