Author Topic: 2000+ Days Off - My Insomnia/Benzo Advice  (Read 27675 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 1200 Days Off - My Insomnia/Benzo Advice
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 04:25:47 pm »
Hi [...]

Are you still taking any Rx drug for sleep?  If so, that could be the issue?  You said you reduced K-pin in Oct 2017, does that mean you are still taking it?

Your sleep should even out over time given the fact you never had sleep issues prior to K-pin.  Not sure why, but some just take a long time for some symptoms to resolve.

How long have you been off of the K-pin? 

How long has this pattern lasted....when did it start...what month/year?

Benzos only cause TEMPORARY damage and your body knows how to fix that.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 04:41:33 pm »
[...],
I don't take any cure for sleep.
I am away from Klonopin 2 years and 3 months.
I started lowering Klonopin in May 2016. From time (June 2016) until January 2020, the periods regularly alternate.
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 05:01:06 pm »
Adding link to my blog thanks TW!

B

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 05:27:47 pm »
[...],
I started lowering Klonopin in May 2016. From time (June 2016) until January 2020, the periods regularly alternate.
[...]

[...],

According to your signature, you were on Klonopin for a long time.... over 10 years and some other drugs as well.  Sometimes, long-term users take longer to heal?  2 years 3 months off is very good, but for unknown reasons it is going to take longer for you.  I see you recently quite Remeron.  That can have it's own sleep WD and [...] up your sleep.  I am very sorry.  I wish I had better news.  I know how terrible not sleeping is, but sometimes it takes 3, 4 or 5 years for sleep to resolve?  You may be 2 years 3 months off Klonopin, but you were still on Remeron until recently so that may have "reset" the healing clock?  Hang in there, it will get better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 05:28:58 pm »
Hi [...],

thank you very much for the useful message. Now I need any advice, guidance, experience of others. It's a big help if someone writes me, gives advice. I am extremely grateful.

Thank you  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:.
[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 05:40:23 pm »
[...],
[...]

[...],

According to your signature, you were on Klonopin for a long time.... over 10 years and some other drugs as well.  Sometimes, long-term users take longer to heal?  2 years 3 months off is very good, but for unknown reasons it is going to take longer for you.  I see you recently quite Remeron.  That can have it's own sleep WD and [...] up your sleep.  I am very sorry.  I wish I had better news.  I know how terrible not sleeping is, but sometimes it takes 3, 4 or 5 years for sleep to resolve?  You may be 2 years 3 months off Klonopin, but you were still on Remeron until recently so that may have "reset" the healing clock?  Hang in there, it will get better.

[...],
thank you very much for encouraging words. I've been to Klonopin for 25 years. It's been a very long time. Therefore, I fear that my brain cannot learn to sleep.
I have 5 years tolerance for Remeron, he didn't help me sleep.

I very much wish that I could feel drowsy again and the arrival of sweet sleep.

[...], thank you for the encouraging words. I wish you were right.

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 05:41:55 pm »
What I do know is that nobody knows anything.  That is the hardest part. Some people get CT'd and suffer bad, some don't.  I just know my story to date right now.  I m 5months off a CT in August 2019, I have all the sx that alot of others have.   Some people take for 15 years go off no problem, some suffer 2 years some suffer six months, some taper and suffer years, some taper and walk off no problem, some take for a week and suffer for months, nobody knows anything.  It has no rhyme reason or sense.  It is not linear.  I recommend you look up Baylissa Frederick, Dr Jennifer Leigh they have free blogs to read that's helped me alot. . 

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 05:55:55 pm »
[...] is correct.  No one knows how long things will last.  There is no rhyme or reason to WD and recovery.  However, the reason you can't sleep [...] is that you have down regulated your GABA for a long time with various drugs.  GABA is your body's "brake pedal" or what makes you calm and relaxed so you can sleep.  Glutamate is your body's "gas pedal" or what makes you active and alert.  The two are normally doing a balancing act so one doesn't over take the other.  Benzos take the place of the GABA function that your body normally would do.  So when you remove or come off of the Benzo, your body doesn't know how to make you calm or relaxed as the Benzo did that for you for a very long time.  Instead, Glutamate rules the day and [...].  Your body's "gas pedal" is stuck to the floor keeping you active and alert (wired) all the time.  That's why you can't sleep.  Your body can repair and/or regrow the damaged GABA receptors, but it could take a long time.  It's all a guessing game.  But there is some correlation between how long you have been on a Benzo and how long you take to heal...but not always.  It's just a generalization that isn't always accurate as [...] rightly said.  But everyone will heal in their own timeline, not someone else's timeline.  I healed pretty well by 24 months off.  You have not.  Your timeline for healing might be 30 months, 36 months, 48 months, etc.  NO one knows.  But as you heal, things slowly improve.  The amount of sleep you get will slowly improve too given enough time.  But it will be UP and DOWN.  It's a real roller coaster ride for most.  You will get days where you feel almost "normal" with symptoms and sleep only to go back to more intense symptoms and poor sleep.  Eventually it evens out.  I wish I knew how long that will take?  Baylissa said she has yet to find anyone that did not heal given enough time and she has helped more than 10,000 people.   

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 06:00:17 pm »
What I do know is that nobody knows anything.  That is the hardest part. Some people get CT'd and suffer bad, some don't.  I just know my story to date right now.  I m 5months off a CT in August 2019, I have all the sx that alot of others have.   Some people take for 15 years go off no problem, some suffer 2 years some suffer six months, some taper and suffer years, some taper and walk off no problem, some take for a week and suffer for months, nobody knows anything.  It has no rhyme reason or sense.  It is not linear.  I recommend you look up Baylissa Frederick, Dr Jennifer Leigh they have free blogs to read that's helped me alot. .

[...],
the only certainty is uncertainty.
Thank you for the types, I will definitely read them.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 06:22:37 pm »
[...] is correct.  No one knows how long things will last.  There is no rhyme or reason to WD and recovery.  However, the reason you can't sleep [...] is that you have down regulated your GABA for a long time with various drugs.  GABA is your body's "brake pedal" or what makes you calm and relaxed so you can sleep.  Glutamate is your body's "gas pedal" or what makes you active and alert.  The two are normally doing a balancing act so one doesn't over take the other.  Benzos take the place of the GABA function that your body normally would do.  So when you remove or come off of the Benzo, your body doesn't know how to make you calm or relaxed as the Benzo did that for you for a very long time.  Instead, Glutamate rules the day and [...].  Your body's "gas pedal" is stuck to the floor keeping you active and alert (wired) all the time.  That's why you can't sleep.  Your body can repair and/or regrow the damaged GABA receptors, but it could take a long time.  It's all a guessing game.  But there is some correlation between how long you have been on a Benzo and how long you take to heal...but not always.  It's just a generalization that isn't always accurate as [...] rightly said.  But everyone will heal in their own timeline, not someone else's timeline.  I healed pretty well by 24 months off.  You have not.  Your timeline for healing might be 30 months, 36 months, 48 months, etc.  NO one knows.  But as you heal, things slowly improve.  The amount of sleep you get will slowly improve too given enough time.  But it will be UP and DOWN.  It's a real roller coaster ride for most.  You will get days where you feel almost "normal" with symptoms and sleep only to go back to more intense symptoms and poor sleep.  Eventually it evens out.  I wish I knew how long that will take?  Baylissa said she has yet to find anyone that did not heal given enough time and she has helped more than 10,000 people.

If there is any equation between how long I have taken Klonopin, then I will heal - that's crazy. I can't imagine having a bad sleep for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... years. I am mentally and physically tired, very tired. I am afraid that at my age of 65, I will not live a healthy sleep.
Please can you give me a link to Baylissa?
Thank you.