Help.

[Re...]

I last took Lorazepam 1.5 times a day from Dec. 7- Dec. 15. I had been given the drug starting in Feb. 2019, and used it for about 4 months. Felt worse. Was reinstated in July, 17th to stave off withdrawal.

Then on and off use, with last use from Dec. 7-15 at 1:5 mg- went into withdrawal- retching, pounding heart, worse tinnitus.

Am Ali on Zopiclone 15 mg a day for 3:5 years which seems to lessen WD if I take .375 Zopiclone in the am as an extra dose.

What do I do now- the retching has stoped, but I do not want to rekindle my system by reintroducing s benzo after being off Ativan for 2 weeks. Cognition, memory destroyed. Agitation and akathisia. Any suggestions. I think I am allergic to Valium.

Let me make sure I have this right...

On and off Ativan since early 2019, still on Zopiclone at 15mg? Extra Zopiclone helps withdrawal symptoms subside?  This makes sense since z-drugs and benzodiazepines affect the brain the same way, so Zopiclone should help.  There’s still an overall deficit in total dose since the c/t.  You could up the Zopiclone to further minimize any intolerable withdrawal or just continue what you’re doing by taking some in the morning.

Personally I wouldn’t add any more benzodiazepines, either, as you said you’d prefer not doing. The first couple of weeks off Ativan should be the worst. Any letup in symptoms since you first c/t’d?