Does anyone else get panic attacks after eating?

[Th...]

I noticed amped symptoms on a full stomach and found that eating small amounts was better. Maybe give it a try and see if that makes a difference.

:)

I noticed amped symptoms on a full stomach and found that eating small amounts was better. Maybe give it a try and see if that makes a difference.

Will do, thanks. I think i’ve noticed this myself as well

I have no concrete basis (except personal experience) with which to base this on, but I’ve wondered if a full stomach puts pressure on the heart, which in turn becomes irritated. As a muscle, the heart is probably just as reactive as other muscles during the w/d recovery process, hence the palpitations and other heart stuff.

This is common with me. Eating a large amount of food, especially foods high in carbs causes my heart rate and blood pressure to increase from what I understand.

Something from an article stating:

"Food intake may cause autonomic changes producing changes in heart rate & blood pressure. Some people sweat with food intake and others may feel very sleepy after a carbohydrate meal."

Me too, only with different sx mainly physical and cognitive. after reactions to over 30 food items, I have only a few items on my plate.

Fir me, it's not digestive issue, but what in the food. So far, all gluten, all food contains glutamate, sugar (even natural type like from fruit).

What food did you reacted so far?

Yes, a big meal drops me into bed real quick... For ME, more like a fever and tension/cramping response/reaction..  All I have to do is drift off to sleep, even if for only a minute or two, and it seems to “reset”... 

Small portions are much better, but some heavy foods like bread (gluten free), are still a problem..

I suspect the body initiates lots of processes when we eat.. More recently, the physical anxiety sx are pronounced... -Fatigue also...

The intensity kinda goes hand in hand with where im at with my overall sx profile at the time...

This might be just me, but one thing that helps, odd as it must sound, is a bit if pressure on my belly, or even laying on it (face down) as I try to relax...

Hi keagan,

Wow, you are off for 6 yrs! Hope you recovered mostly if not fully.

How are you doing now?

Are the food sensitivity all gone now? How long did it last?

4mom

Yes, it does. And eating triggers palpitations too. Makes you want to avoid eating...and that is not good. I tried the smaller meal strategy. But so far, when I get a string of days like that, I just hope and pray it passes.

Hi keagan,

Wow, you are off for 6 yrs! Hope you recovered mostly if not fully.

How are you doing now?

Are the food sensitivity all gone now? How long did it last?

4mom

Yes it went away after maybe a year or so. I'm good. Low level depression/anxiety but that's how God made me (and my mother)