Ativan Free Since June 2019

[...]

Started tapering from Ativan in September 2018 and finished in June 2019.  Just wanted to post that there is hope and it can be done.  I was lucky to have the support of my husband who helped me every step of the way, including mixing up my solutions (we used 5 ML vodka + 95 ML of water to dissolve my pills and then I split my doses up into 3 doses per day; one when I woke up, one mid day and one at bed time). 

I had all of the classic withdrawal symptoms and it was really REALLY difficult (which will be a surprise to absolutely nobody on this site). 

I just want to say that yes it can be done; there are no magic bullets or short cuts, only slow tapering and consistency and remembering that you are doing something that is so hard on your mind and your body and your emotions, so cut yourself a break on every front any time you can.  What you are doing is HARD.

I did not tell anybody at work what I was going through and that was hard -- feeling shitty and knowing I couldn't explain to people why.  Only a few family members knew what I was going through and I bet even they forgot about it because I didn't go around talking about it or even giving myself as big of a break as I should have.

I'm still not psychotropic drug free; immediately after I finished tapering off of Ativan I started my taper off of Effexor.  I'm currently stuck on 5mg of Effexor and every time I try to go lower I my heart pounds... but that is a different story and I'm sure I will prevail with this last taper in 2020.

To those of you reading through this forum in the middle of the night or while home "sick" from work, I get you, and I was you, and I'm no longer a slave to a benzo and with time neither will you be.

Best of luck to all of you.  May the doctors of this world come to understand what an addictive dangerous drug benzos are and stop prescribing them will nilly to unsuspecting people who face a nightmare when they try to stop taking them.

• 2 weeks later...