Rescue doses and consequence.

[do...]

Hey, guys!

I messed up and feel like a failure. Not sure if i should expect to pay a heavy price about it, but the feeling is of complete guilt. I'm at the very end of my Klonopin tapering and because of unforeseen circumstances, i took two rescue doses in a 48 hr period. I was going to an episode of too much stress and couldn't hold on. The first dose served its purpose, the second one not so much. How badly would that affect me in the whole scheme of things? 

Hey, guys!

I messed up and feel like a failure. Not sure if i should expect to pay a heavy price about it, but the feeling is of complete guilt. I'm at the very end of my Klonopin tapering and because of unforeseen circumstances, i took two rescue doses in a 48 hr period. I was going to an episode of too much stress and couldn't hold on. The first dose served its purpose, the second one not so much. How badly would that affect me in the whole scheme of things?

Maybe you could think of it as a bit of dose correcting, depending on the amounts, and recent taper speeds, -as they pertain to YOUR bodys ability to adjust to the lowering doses...

:)

Water under the bridge, let it go and move on...remember you’ve taken the beast by the horns and gotten almost to benzo freedom. If it were me I’d keep on going without changing my dosing schedule.  I would look for signs that indicate holding the current dose a few extra days or week would be helpful.

You’re doing great, and you’ll be okay. 

Hey, guys!

Maybe you could think of it as a bit of dose correcting, depending on the amounts, and recent taper speeds, -as they pertain to YOUR bodys ability to adjust to the lowering doses...

:)

I took half a mg Ativan, twice (even tho I'm tapering Klonapin). One thing i noticed is that I slept real well those 2 nights. Now, I think i'm paying for it, since only slept for 3 hours the last couple nights. It has to be related.

Thanks for your input, Can't! 

Water under the bridge, let it go and move on...remember you’ve taken the beast by the horns and gotten almost to benzo freedom. If it were me I’d keep on going without changing my dosing schedule.  I would look for signs that indicate holding the current dose a few extra days or week would be helpful.

You’re doing great, and you’ll be okay.

Thanks for the encouragement, Challis!

Yes, I believe holding for just a coupla days would make a difference. What's really getting to me is the insomnia, as it's the case with so many buddies here. I got Clonadine, which i seldom take since i don't have HBP. Doc gave it to me to help with tachycardia long time ago. Don't have that either atm, but i sure could use it to help at night. Is it somewhat advisable short term, not even daily? I truly need some help and other meds like Trazadone or Vistaril could end up complicating an already existing problem. Any advice?

I don't think these 2 off doses will make a difference, but I would try real hard to not do it again. Reinstatement has snuck up on folks here that way.