What a year 2019

[50...]

I wish everyone speedy healing! If I had a wish, I would make 2019 a bad dream. Love to all of you and thank you for the support through the hardest time in my life. <3

Edit: Removed profanity from subject line.

I wish everyone speedy healing! If I had a wish, I would make 2019 a bad dream. Love to all of you and thank you for the support through the hardest time in my life. <3

Edit: Removed profanity from subject line.

2019 was worse than a bad dream, it was an effing nightmare. Just like 2018 and half of 2017.

But yeah, may 2020 bring all this HELL to an ending.

This past year was an effing nightmare on many levels. For me, benzos were not a part of that, for once! I look at my country (USA) and  feel such shame. I wont say anymore as politics are a huge no no on BB.

east

This past year was an effing nightmare on many levels. For me, benzos were not a part of that, for once! I look at my country (USA) and  feel such shame. I wont say anymore as politics are a huge no no on BB.

east

you are the star in the dark sky of 2019. thank you east

bazil, you are one of my personal heros on BB. Always upbeat, always positive. I admire you.

50shadesofdre, thank you so much. I appreciate what you said. May I ask what your name means???

east

bazil, you are one of my personal heros on BB. Always upbeat, always positive. I admire you.

50shadesofdre, thank you so much. I appreciate what you said. May I ask what your name means???

east

i'd give up my name if i told you.. get it?  ;)

Oh der, Fifty. I now feel so very old. I have no idea what your name means. I will give you an example. I have a BB friend who uses a name sort of like "reepwhatuso". Took me a week to figure that one out. LOL! I may be old now...maybe I have early senility???

Nope, I don't get it. Could you please enlighten this 70 year old woman of what it means? I must be being damn dense here.

LOL!

east

Oh B you had to do it...

East, have you read or seen 50 shades of grey? it was like a big deal a few years back... so just sub my name for grey... to reflect all the many complicated levels of my personality. hope that made sense :)

LOL! Guys, you are talking to a real senior citizen here. I turn 70, God help me, this March. I haven't a clue who Dre is, and no I didn't see the movie Fifty Shades of Whatever.  I had the vague impression it was about some really kinky stuff.

Please don't laugh too hard at this old lady. I know what I know and if I don't know everything about today's culture, that is fine with me.

I will always be a hippie at heart. Rock music, peace, love and all that stuff lives on in people like me. In truth, I don't WANT to be up to date with cultural stuff now.

Go ahead, guys, laugh away.

east (annie)

Bazil, you are a hippie too? Hell, I was born in 1950. In 1968, the "summer of love" I was 18 years old. Attending rock concerts was my main goal in life. And using various street drugs too. Life seemed full of possibilities then. I blew them on drugs.

Shrug.... life gores on despite our mistakes. I grew up slowly and difficultly due to my predilection for using various drugs to numb my pain. Benzos were my biggest mistake.

Be darn glad if you are off benzos now. I sure am. Thank GOD!

\east

Bazil, you are a hippie too? Hell, I was born in 1950. In 1968, the "summer of love" I was 18 years old. Attending rock concerts was my main goal in life. And using various street drugs too. Life seemed full of possibilities then. I blew them on drugs.

Shrug.... life gores on despite our mistakes. I grew up slowly and difficultly due to my predilection for using various drugs to numb my pain. Benzos were my biggest mistake.

Be darn glad if you are off benzos now. I sure am. Thank GOD!

\east

east, looking back do you find that al those street drugs were safer than benzos?

Street drugs, think Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, so many others who did the same dumb stuff and paid for it with their lives.

Benzos, IMO, are sort of more dangerous, especially if one takes them a lot longer than a couple months. I am a case in point on this.

Street drugs are not predictable; they can contain chemicals that will damage you deeply. If you are just a "dabbler" in street drugs, you probably wont be in all that much danger. But of course, one bad dose can KILL you. Benzos, being legal, are far more insidious. Like me, if you continue to take them a long time, your life may be in extreme danger.

My case proves this. ONLY due to my benzo use did I so badly fracture my right leg and knee and hip. That was a huge comminuted fracture. The leg was nearly amputated. A decent surgeon saved my leg. But I am now permanently partially disabled because of this. My right leg does not bend normally. And it often hurts.

During benzo wd I had to use a damn walker to get around. Every movement was difficult due to pain and stiffness. I will live with the proof that benzos hurt me for the rest of my life. NOT easy. But I accept this and have chosen to move on despite this.

Shadesof dre, I still haven't a clue what your name means. Laugh all you want, I don't care. I sure do! I may be old but I am not stupid. I could tell you astuff that would shock you to your very bones. I choose not to do that here on BB. LOL!

east

Edit: Content

My name is Andre.. therefore 50 shades of my personality.. feel free to pm shocking stuff

and i guess i was trying to say that maybe street drugs can kill you, they are a lot more predictable.. you kind of know what youre getting into. had i known a benzo would cause at least one of the negayive symptoms i endured, woulda never touched it

Andre, there is something about you that makes me a bit giggly. Like you are sort of poking fun at this old lady, and I do NOT mind that a bit. I can tell you are super smart, and I am willing to bet your education has been good.

Now, how and why did you end up on benzos?

east