Last dose today!

[Zo...]

I'm jumping off today at 0.3mg V and starting a new benzo free life in 2020. It's taken me almost three years to get down to this dose. I could keep cutting further but I'm just ready to be done.

My original taper plan was supposed to take months not years. I tried to go by the Ashton manual but couldn't bear the pace of it. I chose to do several extended holds. I'll never know if that was best or if it just prolonged the suffering. No point in second guessing now I suppose.

I think I had every withdrawal symptom possible at some point during my taper. Things really got intense when I went below 4mg. A year ago I was in such a dark, hopeless place. Moving forward seemed impossible. But somehow I made it through. And here I am now. I have a long way to go before I'm healed but at least I can see a path forward.

I'm a little nervous about what the next few weeks and months will bring. Will it be different once I'm off it? Will it be worse? Better? Time will tell. For today I'm going to just focus on celebrating the milestone. Here's to healing in the new year!

:clap: Happy New Year, happy new life to you ZooBeez and congratualations on being benzo free, what a great way to start the new year! :clap:

You're going to do great, you've come so far out of the darkness, you did this your way and you're going to see the results you've worked so hard to achieve.

Congratulations!  You got off and are now medication free.

I wish you the best in this New Year and that your life gets better and better!

Happy New year and welcome to the other side .

I finished my taper 18 days ago after 17 months of tapering from just 4mgs of valium ,

Now you are on the path to real healing,

Congratulations

Jen

Congratulations, Zoobeez! Im right there with you. I jumped 12 days ago on.Christmas day. No more pill cutting and making sure I take my dose on time! It’s a whole new world for me! I wish you the best!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations Zoo Beez.  that's awesome.  Congratulations too, to Cheybar, chin chuck, SJS, blacklablady :)  I had hoped to complete my Valium taper by Xmas, then New Year but instead I am on track to take my last dose on 14th January, the day before my 52nd birthday.  I am currently on .12 v (liquid taper). 

I am so looking forward to being off Valium completely and next stage of recovery.  I wish you all the very best.  I look forward to hearing how it's going for you.  So well done to get to the end of all your tapers.  :thumbsup::) :) :D

Congratulations Zoo Beez.  that's awesome.  Congratulations too, to Cheybar, chin chuck, SJS, blacklablady :)  I had hoped to complete my Valium taper by Xmas, then New Year but instead I am on track to take my last dose on 14th January, the day before my 52nd birthday.  I am currently on .12 v (liquid taper). 

I am so looking forward to being off Valium completely and next stage of recovery.  I wish you all the very best.  I look forward to hearing how it's going for you.  So well done to get to the end of all your tapers.  :thumbsup::) :) :D

Thank you Agentic!!! You are super close now, just a few more days and you will be free!!! I am still having some rough moments but more windows for sure.  The hard part is when I think a symptom is lessening or gone and then it shows back up!!! Just when I think I'm getting better.  But knowing I am off, that feeling, is amazing! Knowing that each day my brain has the chance to right itself gives me comfort I did not have before.  I am very hopeful I will heal and be able to resume my life!  Keep up your efforts, you are almost there!!!!❤