Anxiety to meet someone you like very much

[Lu...]

Recently I met a girl and I liked it a lot. This has generated me a lot of anxiety. and I've been sleeping for some nights. I'm 23 months free of Ativan. And I don't know how to control this situation?

[47...]

Take the relationship and your thoughts about it a step at a time.  You've probably created hours/days of imaginary dialog, and have been rejected for some imaginary reason dozens of times.  That's gotta hurt.

Make eye contact.  If she makes eye contact back, then ask her casually if she'd like to get a cup of coffee with you.  She'll likely accept.  Even if she doesn't, she can only reject you once.  That's better than what you're doing to yourself.

Many good articles on fearing failure.

• 1 month later...

I met a girl, and knowing that I'm going to have sex with her the next day makes me very anxious and doesn't let me sleep. I feel the strange stomach

help helpp 

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Most people have anxiety with new relationships, they're the unknown and while they're exciting most people experience some butterfly's, this is part of the fun.  Try not to concentrate on the fact that you're in withdrawal, you're just a guy stepping into something new and exciting and what you're feeling is normal.

Maybe she can react in a way that is difficult in the sensitive recovery. And it causes even more anxiety.

So I would wait until you know each other a little better, and you can explain. If there is love, everything becomes so much easier. I know there are new times, but sex and love are an important combination.  ;)

From an older boring lady.  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...