If you absolutely must try something to sleep

[Ho...]

Hi,

If you absolutely must try something for sleep, what can you take?

Brain won’t shut off, up all night, if drift off to sleep jolted awake, now terrified of trying to sleep because terrified of the experience. Scared. What could be done?

I understand

I’m still on benzo

and still sleep poorly

Awake every 2 hours

Then no more sleep at 4 am

Last night I broke down

and took sleep pill.

That is not advisable.

Others try medical marijuana

I have not tried that.

Im still back at square 1

and very afraid

Could you try CBD oil

or java tea?

I want to admit myself to rehab

A little bit disturbed at the recommendation to take prescription medicines for sleep problems. The problem will not resolve itself with another drug on board. It's a recipe for disaster - not only with interactions but also withdrawals. Any drug will only help for a short period of time and then you're worse off because you have another drug in your system.

A little bit disturbed at the recommendation to take prescription medicines for sleep problems. The problem will not resolve itself with another drug on board. It's a recipe for disaster - not only with interactions but also withdrawals. Any drug will only help for a short period of time and then you're worse off because you have another drug in your system.

BS

BS

In what way? You don't agree? You do agree? I'm commenting on prescription drug use only, not things like tea.

I really don't know what to do about sleep either. I'm literally 22 months off benzos and my natural sleep has not returned at all. I'm starting to have more and more sleep anxiety about it too. I've taken some tiny doses of antihistamines like two to three days a week. Some people say the only way to recover from this is with sleep and I'm not getting enough right now.

BS

keagan,

I'd like to remind you of the rules of the forum, which you seem to think you can skirt with regularity.  You run the risk of having your posts pre-moderated meaning they won't be published until a member of the team reviews them.

Pamster

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

BS

keagan,

I'd like to remind you of the rules of the forum, which you seem to think you can skirt with regularity.  You run the risk of having your posts pre-moderated meaning they won't be published until a member of the team reviews them.

Pamster

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

Pamster

I respect you very much. You have been around much longer than most moderators and you give great and very informed thoughtful advice as does Challis. But I disagree with your characterization of my posts as "skirting the rules with regularity". I have given much very thoughtful and helpful advice for years even though I am long healed. If you think I am a detriment to this board, then ban me. I was not attacking anybody. I responded to a patently anti med post in an accurate fashion.

BS

keagan,

Pamster

Pamster

I respect you very much. You have been around much longer than most moderators and you give great and very informed thoughtful advice as does Challis. But I disagree with your characterization of my posts as "skirting the rules with regularity". I have given much very thoughtful and helpful advice for years even though I am long healed. If you think I am a detriment to this board, then ban me. I was not attacking anybody. I responded to a patently anti med post in an accurate fashion.

Hi keagan,

You're right, I reacted too harshly to your comment, and I'm sorry.  I read back through your posts after I posted and realized there was only one other instance of something I considered to be across the line, I hope you'll accept my apology.

As for the post in question, perhaps instead of a pronouncement of BS, maybe explaining what you meant, like you did just now?

Pamster

Pamster

You are very sweet and competent. But you are right that some of my posts could have been more substantial and thoughtful. I will do better!!!!

Pamster

You are very sweet and competent. But you are right that some of my posts could have been more substantial and thoughtful. I will do better!!!!

:smitten:

So... this turned into a lovefest and endorsement of prescription medication? I give up on BB. Honestly, "BS" is considered fair comment?

Pamster

:smitten:

So... this turned into a lovefest and endorsement of prescription medication? I give up on BB. Honestly, "BS" is considered fair comment?

No, MessedUpByRx, "BS" is not considered a fair comment, that's why I flagged it, but in fairness to keagan I did react too harshly and keagan has made a promise to do better in the future, as you can see.

And it's not a love fest, it is a peaceful resolution to a situation that could have gotten ugly, something we need to see more of in this world.  People willing to discuss an  issue with courtesy and and some needing to apologize.

I'm not defending keagans comment to you, I'm defending the resolution of my overly harsh reaction to it. 

And just so you know, this forum is not anti prescription medication, as it states in our Mission Statement 

Pamster,

Resolution by whose terms? I brought up a valid concern about prescription medications - that is not anti med - and it was shut down. My concern remains and there was no answer to it. If it weren't for the harm caused by prescription drugs, this forum would not exist. To ask why anyone would suggest more prescription medication (which is medical advice) is valid. I do want to know why anyone would think that is a good idea.

Apparently, from your comments, you have some other experience with Keagan.

My sole experience of this bb is his comment of "bs".

Read the Ashton Manual.  It says to not introduce any medication.

No it doesn't. She makes it very clear that AD's can help with withdrawal. She is very specific about it and names the ones she thinks are helpful.