3rd night in a row no sleep 72hr~

[...]

Hi guys, I've put my taper on hold due to withdrawal becoming too much also tapered off promethazine after about 4months daily use.

Right now it's 10pm where I am and will be the 3rd night in a row of no sleep at all and just functional at a basic level in the day.

When should I start to worry? What useful non benzo sedative should I have on hand?

Any advice would be really appreciated, I have an important meeting tomorrow  :'(

What useful non benzo sedative should I have on hand?

I tried about everything under the sun (melatonin, hydroxyzine, Benadryl, tart cherry juice) and found Unisom Sleep Tabs (not the gels) to be most useful and reliable when I was at my wits' end on my taper. Half a 25 mg tab worked great. Unisom does make you groggy in the morning, but it sure works well. It's not addicting (except psychologically in that some ppl keep taking it because darn it, they want to sleep!!) But you rapidly reach tolerance with it and then have to go to Plan B (whatever that is for you  ;))

Now I use CBD marijuana. My Plan B.

Others may chime in with their favorite sleep aid. 

Hope this is helpful,

:smitten:

Katz

What useful non benzo sedative should I have on hand?

I tried about everything under the sun (melatonin, hydroxyzine, Benadryl, tart cherry juice) and found Unisom Sleep Tabs (not the gels) to be most useful and reliable when I was at my wits' end on my taper. Half a 25 mg tab worked great. Unisom does make you groggy in the morning, but it sure works well. It's not addicting (except psychologically in that some ppl keep taking it because darn it, they want to sleep!!) But you rapidly reach tolerance with it and then have to go to Plan B (whatever that is for you  ;))

Now I use CBD marijuana. My Plan B.

Others may chime in with their favorite sleep aid. 

Hope this is helpful,

:smitten:

Katz

Cheers Katz! Will order some now, I've got promethazine but coming of it is what's probably caused this. Benadryl I've found to be quick acting but doesn't keep me asleep all night if needed and need to re dose I may get some tomorrow as back up. The only one I found to be strong and long lasting is promethazine. Hopefully Unisom is good so I could rotate between a few options when needed.

Plan B is just to exhaust myself until I pass out I'm not loosing to promethazine

I tried CBD in oil form before, didn't really have any effect on me. I'm still keen to find a good brand with a dash of thc maybe?

I'm still keen to find a good brand with a dash of thc maybe?

I've found some THC enhances the CBD. I made a tincture that is about half and half recently and it worked very darned well.  IMO CBD ordered online is a real crap-shoot. You never know what's in it . . . the manufacturers certainly don't tell you . . . heck, you don't even know what the oil is.  :'( You might take a trip to your local dispensary and have a chat.

Hope you get some zzzzzs.

Best,

Katz

I refer to this as "rotten sleep". I actually will sleep when I'm going through this, it just doesn't feel like it. I would check the clock and hours had gone by so I lost consciousness anyway. It isn't very restful, but once off benzos, it gets better.

As a sleep aid, occasionally, .25 mg melatonin (yes, 1/4 of a 1 mg pill). An additional .25mg in middle of night if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone for the recommendations.

I will look into cbd thc combo which sounds very nice.

I've got some otc sedative antihistamines which I will limit to max twice a week. I got my hands on 5htp and melatonin which I found to help.

Oh I finally feel asleep at 6am I think that was 8 hours short of being awake 72hrs straight. It took me three days to get back to normal.

BE CAREFUL WITH PROMETHAZINE!!! Don't take it daily like I did for 4months it certainly has withdrawal symptoms and for me became habit forming. I will keep my script on hand as a last resort but never again. Jesus I thought valium insomnia was the worst it could get but promethazine caused what I would describe feels like a stimulant binge for days without sleep to the point of psychosis

I refer to this as "rotten sleep". I actually will sleep when I'm going through this, it just doesn't feel like it. I would check the clock and hours had gone by so I lost consciousness anyway. It isn't very restful, but once off benzos, it gets better.

As a sleep aid, occasionally, .25 mg melatonin (yes, 1/4 of a 1 mg pill). An additional .25mg in middle of night if necessary.

Thanks melatonin was always on my list but never bought it until now. It's quite similar to 5htp in the effects.

Hey I noticed your taper, how are you getting on since the 29th? Your plan looks so smooth I hope mine to be similar.

I never understood the point of micro cuts until seeing yours now I understand why it is even a smoother transition for ones body

I hope your okay  :)