agoriphobia

[ju...]

i had a really bad agoraphobia  back in October 2017 when it first started i was basically not leaving my room and a few members helped me alot by telling me to set goals and to start small even if it was just leaving my door open for an hour a day.  fast foward 2 years later i am proud for the progress i have made i can do anything inside or outside my house as long as i slept decient by i dont leave my property at all really i am looking for other members who have faced similar circumstances and were able to over come i can drive on good days but only around the block fear of a panic attack while driving keeps me grounded but i can ride with my mom but only in the back seat sometimes i have to lay down but i have only done it 4 times since 2017 and the last time i had terrible anxiety but made it to get gas for my lawnmower please if anyone can help me over come this so i can start doing things that need to get done like disablity going to my drs going to get my broken toe looked at i really could use some input  im 33 years old n have been sick for 8 years and cant work i really need to start getting the ball rolling on disability  so i dont end up old and homeless

Hello jumpman23,

I'm sorry to hear about your agoraphobia, I had it briefly during my withdrawals, so I can understand what you're feeling, its so awful.  I like that setting goals has worked for you in the past, can you use that technique again?

Can you tell me where you are in your benzo journey, are you still at 1.625 daily?  If you are, I wonder if you're in tolerance withdrawal and need to taper off of it so you can be free from this symptom?

Pamster

yes i am still at 1.625mg daily and no i am not in tolerance withdrawal atleast i dont think so because i dont have any other symptoms besides the agoraphobia n sometimes insomnia but the insomnia only happens maybe once a month i get a bad night with little sleep.  and i do not think setting goal with travel with work i have tried it and failed a few times already that is why i am asking maybe for a different approach 

• 1 month later...
never had it in the past but starting to get symptoms of agoraphobia . i can barely leave the house and if i do only for a bit and then need to retreat at home. im scared i might have to quit my job due to this. just know your not alone .are you seeing a psychologist to help with a treatment plan?

I suffer from agoraphobia, mainly due to having bad DP/DR, and feeling too anxious as my visual symptoms and sensitivity to light is so bad, especially florescent lights. Been like this for 10 months now. I have to work myself up to take a drive, which is only to family. I have not been able to get out into public space for a while,  I dont know how to tackle this agoraphobia, as my visual symptoms and anxiety is so bad.