Valium for 40 years ok to microtaper

[27...]

[27...]

Before I start microtapering dry 0.001 mg daily for a 2.5 mg dose .

I am currently on 12.5 mg total but still will be on 10mg.

Is it ok to do this after 40 plus years and I am 68.

I have issues but trying to cut down .

Anyone else cut down after being on so long .

Hope I am in right spot?

Hi mary56,

I'm sure there are people who have done what you're attempting to do, but you may not get any replies to your question.  I have a couple of questions for you though, I hope they'll help us understand your motivation to reduce your dose and hopefully address your concerns in the process.

Why do you only want to taper from 12.5 to 10 mgs, is it because your Dr hasn't authorized your increase from 10 to 12.5 and you're afraid he'll cut you of if he finds you've increased your dose?

You joined the forum in 2008 on a dose of 4 mgs and wanted to taper off, you were suffering from agoraphobia then, what changed your mind not to taper?

And lastly, do you understand that it's likely you'll still suffer all of your current symptoms and more when you taper down to 10 mgs, because you've reached tolerance meaning, the only way out of your symptoms is off the drug and healed from the damage it's done to you?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning so we can hopefully each other a little better.

Pamster

Following, and hoping you find a solution Mary. I'm following because due to the difficulty of my taper, at some point I've considered staying on this dose. However, I'd prefer to come off and I hope you find a way too.

[27...]

Hi mary56,

I'm sure there are people who have done what you're attempting to do, but you may not get any replies to your question.  I have a couple of questions for you though, I hope they'll help us understand your motivation to reduce your dose and hopefully address your concerns in the process.

Why do you only want to taper from 12.5 to 10 mgs, is it because your Dr hasn't authorized your increase from 10 to 12.5 and you're afraid he'll cut you of if he finds you've increased your dose?

You joined the forum in 2008 on a dose of 4 mgs and wanted to taper off, you were suffering from agoraphobia then, what changed your mind not to taper?

And lastly, do you understand that it's likely you'll still suffer all of your current symptoms and more when you taper down to 10 mgs, because you've reached tolerance meaning, the only way out of your symptoms is off the drug and healed from the damage it's done to you?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning so we can hopefully each other a little better.

Pamster

You are being very confrontational!  I am not in tolerance.  I never had agoraphobia.

Done with this site 

Very Rude !

edit: fixed quotation formatting

[27...]

Hi mary56,

Pamster I will not even address your repllu . You are being rude. I am not in tolerance at all, I am not agoraphobic. Please delete this post . I am leaving !

Oh Mary, I'm sorry, I surely didn't mean to offend you!  I just looked at your past posts and found your first one back in 2008.

I have been on Valium for 40 years. I am 56 years old.  I recently have horrible agoraphobia,panic attacks.  I just found this site.  I only take 4 mg daily, but I am very sensitive to meds.  When you get your agoraphobia, are you able to move around the house freely. I do not even feel comfortable in my own home any more.  I am also very weak and have hormonal issues.  Help me.

Thanks

I'm just trying to understand your motivation and yes understand your fear.  I see you're afraid to begin your taper, and I want to help, but I thought if I could understand your situation a little more, that I could help you.

[27...]

Oh Mary, I'm sorry, I surely didn't mean to offend you!  I just looked at your past posts and found your first one back in 2008.

I have been on Valium for 40 years. I am 56 years old.  I recently have horrible agoraphobia,panic attacks.  I just found this site.  I only take 4 mg daily, but I am very sensitive to meds.  When you get your agoraphobia, are you able to move around the house freely. I do not even feel comfortable in my own home any more.  I am also very weak and have hormonal issues.  Help me.

Thanks

I'm just trying to understand your motivation and yes understand your fear.  I see you're afraid to begin your taper, and I want to help, but I thought if I could understand your situation a little more, that I could help you.

You did not help . I have no symptoms. I don’t need you help . This site is not good and yes you were being confrontational. Please delete my posts as I can’t figure out this shitty site anyway .

Mary,

Pam was attempting to get your medication story in order to give you links to the appropriate support groups as you taper. However, that is hard to do without knowing your history. Her intentions were not to offend you, but to better understand you so we could guide you to the right information regarding your situation.

We hope you stay, and we want only the best for you. To do that, having your medication history is our best data from you to understand your situation. It is difficult to offer advice without that information.  You don't have to provide anything you do not wish to, but your history and current situation help all members understand how you are doing, and gives them  a better idea of what would be most helpful in supporting you.

-Baddove

[27...]

Mary,

Pam was attempting to get your medication story in order to give you links to the appropriate support groups as you taper. However, that is hard to do without knowing your history. Her intentions were not to offend you, but to better understand you so we could guide you to the right information regarding your situation.

We hope you stay, and we want only the best for you. To do that, having your medication history is our best data from you to understand your situation. It is difficult to offer advice without that information.  You don't have to provide anything you do not wish to, but your history and current situation help all members understand how you are doing, and gives them  a better idea of what would be most helpful in supporting you.

-Baddove

Well to expose my info like that and the way it was put was wrong . I am scared and that did not help at all.

I have been on Valium for 40 plus years I started at 2 and am up to 12.5 mg . I was not in tolerance . I was never agoraphobic . I was initiallly using for panic attacks at 18 . But I have heart arrhythmias and I had horrible stress and my cardio told me to up the dose . It helped and no beta blocker . Then this past year I almost died ..

I had surgery for a colon and I was septic . So I updosed as my heart was very bad . Also I quit alcohol after 50 years CT!  No my md does not know I updosed 2.5 mg. That’s one of the reasons I want to go down and secondly it’s too much at my age . So you all want the truth . There it is .

So now I am really scared and now afraid to stop. I am still recovering from my surgery too but doing good . I just merely asked a simple question and got badgered.  I appreciate someone just answering the question. Thank you who have been so nice to me . But now I don’t know what to do . 😢😢

Mary,

(sorry, I had to edit this a few times, if your read the first post just forget it and read this one.)

Glad your still with us. With the information you have provided  I can  send you to tapering links (they are full of valuable information to help you) I can't really give you a "yes" or no with limited data. That would be irresponsible on my part, and potentially harmful. And, we want to help you feel better and get quality input.

Look at my signature-it's all there, my complete drug history. That allows people to better understand where I have been, where I have fallen off a cliff, and get an idea of my withdraw and tapering experience. With that information, members can support me without feeling  as if they could give me bad advice.

That is the purpose for the medical history. Every one of us has one, there is absolutely no shame or embarrassment in providing that information. No judgement. It is a tool for members to support and advise you in a way they feel comfortable would not cause harm. Without that information, we hesitate to answer direct questions. The last thing we want us to advise you in a direction that could be ill advised, harmful, and not supportive as you try to work out a taper.

Mary, we are on your side, OK? We want to help, but in a responsible way.

Really want to add I understand your fear, my goodness, many of us have gone over our dosage, and had medical setbacks. I am on my 3ed taper try!

Thank you for giving me your history. If you can add it to your profile, as you see in mine, your going to get much more support.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know.

Leaving you with tapering link:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

[27...]

Mary,

(sorry, I had to edit this a few times, if your read the first post just forget it and read this one.)

Glad your still with us. With the information you have provided  I can  send you to tapering links (they are full of valuable information to help you) I can't really give you a "yes" or no with limited data. That would be irresponsible on my part, and potentially harmful. And, we want to help you feel better and get quality input.

Look at my signature-it's all there, my complete drug history. That allows people to better understand where I have been, where I have fallen off a cliff, and get an idea of my withdraw and tapering experience. With that information, members can support me without feeling  as if they could give me bad advice.

That is the purpose for the medical history. Every one of us has one, there is absolutely no shame or embarrassment in providing that information. No judgement. It is a tool for members to support and advise you in a way they feel comfortable would not cause harm. Without that information, we hesitate to answer direct questions. The last thing we want us to advise you in a direction that could be ill advised, harmful, and not supportive as you try to work out a taper.

Mary, we are on your side, OK? We want to help, but in a responsible way.

Really want to add I understand your fear, my goodness, many of us have gone over our dosage, and had medical setbacks. I am on my 3ed taper try!

Thank you for giving me your history. If you can add it to your profile, as you see in mine, your going to get much more support.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know.

Leaving you with tapering link:

Withdrawal Support(during your taper)

appreciate your help but all done here .

Pam should be not an admin .

I am trying to leave this group . How dare her     

edit: fixed quotation formatting, removed disallowed content