how to deal with emoations and feeling of doom

[ju...]

have not posted in quite some time but i need some help dealing with feeling!!  i went to bed at 9am and woke at 12pm to my brother running the lawn mower i was so upset i could not fall back a sleep until  4pm then about 410pm he went right back at it with the lawn mower i almost cryed i am so frustrated and  so tired but i can not fall asleep for the life of me and i do not do good without sleep when i am tired it seems to magnify everything by 1000 times i have this feeling of doom with suicidal thoughts i feel like something is going to go wrong and i will have to leave my safe spot which is my house i have  a pretty bad agoraphobia  i know everyone says acceptance is key but i am driving my self nuts over here i need someones input please 

These feelings are uncomfortable yes but do not give into them. Do anything you can that gives you joy. Laughing can help with that feeling. Just remember you are worth it and that these feelings of doom are unsound and you are safe.

I highly recommend you look into cognitive behavioral therapy. It can really help you control your thoughts so they no longer dominate you.  :)

thank for the replie but therapy is pretty far fectched for someone who can barley leave the house ya know ? i wish i could give it a try but my option are limited .. i still have a broken big toe from june 8th that did not heal and i have yet to get it looked at because of the agoraphobia

Sorry to hear that. Seeing a doc couldn't hurt however for that broken bone.

You may not be able to get out much with your phobia, but there may be some youtube videos that can teach basics.

i see what i can find and thank you for responding again hopefully i will sleep soon n get a good 8 hours my sleeping scheduele is always wacked out also and i am always afraid to make an appointed any where due to anticipation anxiety the night before i will get insomnia most likly and not be able to go and i dont have money for cancling appointments

See if you can get some earplugs so you can sleep or get a fan and put it in your room. It helps block out noises.sorry you are struggling

[79...]

I just read this in a book I m reading.  I think it's something that I can use at times when it is hard.

'Okay, here we go again; it's back. Ah well, at least I know what it is and why it is happening. Feels like I'm petrified but I'm just in a constant state of fight, flight or freeze. Gosh, look how badly I'm shaking. This is normal. I don't need to do anything. I know what it is and it will pass.'

By:. Baylissa Frederick

I just read this in a book I m reading.  I think it's something that I can use at times when it is hard.

'Okay, here we go again; it's back. Ah well, at least I know what it is and why it is happening. Feels like I'm petrified but I'm just in a constant state of fight, flight or freeze. Gosh, look how badly I'm shaking. This is normal. I don't need to do anything. I know what it is and it will pass.'

By:. Baylissa Frederick

I highly recommend Baylissa Frederick’s book “Recovery and Renewal.” It’s like hearing your sweetest friend talk soothingly to you with the wisdom of a counselor. She has been through what we are going through. She is benzo warrior who after her recovery was determined to help other fellow benzo sufferers.

All of your feelings and physical symptoms are normal. And they will pass but we are all different regarding length of time.

It’s so important to find coping mechanisms and strategies. Like earplugs, blackout drapes, white noise machines, YouTube sleep videos (Jason Stephenson, Michael Sealey, ex) and YouTube meditation or therapist videos.

It’s a war and we need many weapons to keep us in the fight. Tools like this and more help many of us.

Good luck.

Have you tried earplugs or, if you are able to lie on your back, noise cancelling headphones and eyemask and/or blackout curtain so that of you fall asleep at least noise or light won’t wake you?

thank you for all the responds and i think i am going to by her book and yes my room is blacked out and yes i do have a snooze machine which is a fan noise machine the helps with the tinnitus and cancels out most noise eag plugs or noise canceling headphone do work cause i am a stomach sleeper with my head cocked to one side . i have had a few good nights sleeps since i wrote this post the insomnia seems to be very intermittent