C/T Day 45 - Need name for this

[ea...]

I'm hoping someone can help me put a name to this, perhaps understanding it will help me get rid of it. From the beginning I've avoided mirrors because I noticed my perception is distorted. I became more comfortable looking in them as time went on, but things still aren't right. My entire body image is backwards, even though I have the awareness that it is it still won't correct itself. I can look at a picture and everything is as it should be but in the mirror everything is just wrong. I know this is psychological and not physical, but why is it occurring? Is it an extreme form of Body Dysmorphia? It's not only myself it concerns though, I'm hypercritical of others as well.

I didn't experience this symptom, it sounds brutal.  I read this post for the first time today, it wasn't around when I did my cold turkey back in 2007, I wish I could have read it back then.

I know it's long, but it explains things so well, in terms even I can understand, I hope you'll give it a read.  What is happening in your brain

I didn't experience this symptom, it sounds brutal.  I read this post for the first time today, it wasn't around when I did my cold turkey back in 2007, I wish I could have read it back then.

I know it's long, but it explains things so well, in terms even I can understand, I hope you'll give it a read.  What is happening in your brain

Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed. I'm sure my brain is working very hard to correct what's going on, I will be more patient and thankful for its healing.

It might be depersonnalization?

I had some bouts of it. I remember seeing my face in a mirror when I least expected it (in the lady bathroom of a festival), and not recognize myself. It occured several times during the 2 first months after my jump. I feared looking at me in a mirror because I didn't recognize my face as mine. For me it was related to depersonnalization. I even had a moment where I woke up, looked at my right hand, and didn't recognize it. I moved it in the air, still had the feeling that it was just a caricature of what was my hand. Just like you, I had no problem with pictures.

Now I totally recognize myself in a mirror. I did nothing for it to come back.

You might want to search about this  :)