Post Klonopin Withdrawal found my herbal contained Zoplicone HELP

[Me...]

After a year of hell withdrawal from klonopin I thought I was out of the woods-  I found an herbal sleep aid -U-Dream- out of Canada (where they test supplements for licensing unlike the U.S. so I figured it was legit) Last week it was recalled by both Canada and U.S. FDA when they found it contained a molecular structured substance similar to zopiclone-  I am going to taper- Was only taking 1/2 of the "lite" version but have no way of knowing how much was in it-  Am so afraid I'll have to go through all the withdrawal again and maybe worse this time- I started using it pretty regularly in mid-June-  I also had some symptoms while using -was jittery, felt nausea in afternoons but have no way of knowing whether that was from the klonopin withdrawal or not- I was getting at least some sleep but at what cost?????  Can anybody give me any encouragement about getting off this zopiclone- a z-drug.  Anyone have any not so horrible experience with it especially along with a benzo withdrawal?  I'm feeling desperate 😫

Maybe you could check with the FDA as so exactly what “substance” is similar to zopiclone? It may not have to be tapered since it’s not “technically” a Z drug? Oh...and good that you were at least taking just half the dose!

Did you use it every night for six months? I’m tapering clonazepam (Klonopin) now and I’m terribly nauseated.  It may well be part of your withdrawal. 

I just Googled U Dream.  I think the main concern is patient safety as far as driving and  operating heavy equipment. 

This is copy/paste off their website:

On November 21st, Biotrade Canada received a report from Health Canada regarding concerns they have with traces of an unidentified material detected in the U-Dream product. As a precautionary measure we voluntarily stopped distribution immediately and informed our retailers to pull the product from store shelves and to stop selling.

On December 17th, Health Canada formally indicated that they have found ”Zopiclone impurity 22” in some batches of the U-Dream product. Please note this is not the same as Zopiclone, a known pharmaceutical sleep aid (it is a similar molecule). Health Canada has confirmed and all our routine testing shows that Zopiclone is not present in the product.

Note is says ”SOME’ batches.  You may not be affected.  Maybe try half of the half dose you were taking and see how you feel? 

Congratulations on your K taper!  Great job!

Try not to worry too much. 

SG

💜

I'm pretty sure zopiclone is a z-drug- it's molecularly zopiclone but they've given it a 22 after the name- Thanks for your concern- I'm just afraid I'll be going to through the withdrawal all over again- Was just starting to feel human after my klonopin withdrawal- only sleep was still lacking- hence the u-Dream 😫

• 4 weeks later...

Menemsha,

I am in the exact same boat as you.  I have been on UDream since August thinking it was a harmless herbal medicine. I am also CT withdrawing from Ativan.  I couldn't believe it when the news came out about U Dream.  I am trying to taper off now and am going to supplement with melatonin for some nights. I am so sorry that this happened to you too. Please keep me posted on your progress with regards to getting off the U Dream.

• 1 month later...

Sorry-just saw this. Am still tapering but kind of stuck at 1/4 u-dream lite. I try to sleep on my own but for months been getting up every hour and a half. Around 3:30 I take the U-dream for another 2-3 hour stretch of sleep. Been off klonopin since April and have recently had a bad wave-at least I think it’s related?-extreme feet burning and leg weakness-especially at night-dizziness and some brain confusion. Not sure if u-dream is playing into that?  Sick of all of this. Just want to put it behind me!!

How are you doing?