I'm finally free

[Le...]

2 months completely klonopin free! I took almost 2 years but I finally did it, it was the hardest thing I've had to will myself to do but so worth it. A year ago I thought I might never get off of them and without this community I might not have. During the last 6 months of tapering I started cognitive behavioral therapy and it really helped me overcome the mental part of the addiction.  I took so many small steps and it felt hopeless at times but I made it to the end and I'm so proud of myself. I have minimal symptoms at this point and therapy has helped me control my anxiety. I still get weird sometimes but nothing like before. My depression has lifted in a way I never thought possible, as well. I feel mostly normal again, I'm happy. I had this mantra that a friend told me and I said over and over again in my head. "You want to quit but you dont, and then its over".  I just had to blindly believe that it would be over but now it is and I'm back to living my life. I may always have anxiety but now I can learn new coping mechanisms that actually stick, something I could never do before. 

If you're reading this and it feels hopeless, know that it isn't. You can do it, it's hard but you're tough. All the suffering is worth it when you walk out the other side in some way transformed. The vessel that carries you is powerful and it loves you.  Trust it.

Congratulations on getting off of Klonipin!  I'm so happy for you that you accomplished getting free.

It offers me hope that I can do it too. 

Wishing you good days ahead. 

Congratulations!! You educated yourself and wisely did a slow taper. 

Thank you or sharing your positive story of strength and determination with everyone here.

Wishing you much continued healing!