Author Topic: Is it true we are the 25%  (Read 1414 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Is it true we are the 25%
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2020, 01:02:48 am »
Benzo = a doctor's way of saying I have no idea how to help you, here you go, get out of my office, without admitting ineptitude and losing face. it's a conspiracy lol

And it's pretty convenient that starting someone on one drug can lead to an avalanche of health issues which leads to polydrugging, which can lead to even more health issues, all the while the problems are blamed on "anxiety" or some other nebulous issue that can't be proven by a scientific test.

Are there any other professions that can get away with something like this? Imagine if the computer in your car goes bad. You go to your mechanic to have it fixed and instead of replacing the faulty part he splices in a contraption that provides a quick fix. A few weeks later that "quick fix" starts to cause issues with your headlights and turn signals. You go back to the mechanic and he taps another gizmo into the electrical system and your lights work fine for a couple of weeks but pretty soon your lights stop working and now your power windows and locks are on the fritz.

Back to the mechanic for more hacks. He creates a perpetual customer and is more than happy to collect $125 per hour every time you have an issue.
@[...],
Lol, “Medical Technology” at its “best”... Give me an old Traction Engine any day.. Just throw in some “healthy logs”... (organic, not treated pine..)

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2020, 03:57:01 am »
Lmao....i think i know that mechanic
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2020, 09:19:44 pm »
Those who use it max for 2-4 weeks won't have many issues if any. My doctor who wrote a book on the subject told me that they are not sure when the issues start, but he said that from his experience if a patient does 3 months of benzo every day he will experience withdrawal symptoms.

10 days. TEN F*CKING DAYS and I’m suffering 20 months later. How is that even possible?! I got heart palps on DAY SEVEN
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:33:13 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2020, 09:45:27 pm »
Those who use it max for 2-4 weeks won't have many issues if any. My doctor who wrote a book on the subject told me that they are not sure when the issues start, but he said that from his experience if a patient does 3 months of benzo every day he will experience withdrawal symptoms.

10 days. TEN F*CKING DAYS and I’m suffering 20 months later. How is that even possible?! I got heart palps on DAY SEVEN

I was also on max dose for only 10 days, including taper was 1.5 months. I'm in indescribable hell at 10+ months

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2020, 10:43:16 pm »

I was also on max dose for only 10 days, including taper was 1.5 months. I'm in indescribable hell at 10+ months

These drugs are much more powerful and insidious than most people give them credit for. There are a lot of people even in the benzo community don't seem to fully understand the profound changes they can cause in the human body.

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2020, 11:49:09 pm »
The cognitiVe effect is insane. Dementia at age 30. Unbelievable

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2020, 04:35:36 am »
My belief is it’s “never better” to be a long term user. But it took me years to realize that so many short term users are protracted. I think, in part, I would wrongly assume they would be better in a few short weeks or months. And my focus has been on buddies that are in similar situations to mine. Like long term protracted members, short term users face the same hostility.  Of course this type of shunning will mute their voices as well. I definitely know better now. Rise up and speak out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2020, 09:34:49 pm »
I think, sometimes, the classic window at 3 months may be the reason for this. It happened to me too, and I was absolutely sure I was healthy. I wrote a post, on another forum, to give others support; "Don't give up, you'll be fine soon!" But I was so wrong. After 2 weeks - BAM. The doors to hell were opened. And I didn't understand anything.

Those, who have contact with doctors, say that they are healthy after 3 months. And then the doctor refuses to believe in continuing symptoms. The patient tries to convince them that the symptoms are real, but then other strange diagnoses. The doctor becomes annoyed, and adds mental diagnoses.

So we don't know what diagnoses they received, when the truth is WD and recovery?

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2020, 07:01:48 am »
So don't just let time heal.Constantly searching for the truth.
Tried hard, will be willing to accept. This is the biggest battle of my life!