Stopping U-Dream has made everything even worse. I don't know how I will survive

[un...]

Hey Everyone,

I could use some kind of advice.  I am in another level of Hell.  Don't know how much zopiclone was in the U-Dream.  But after stopping I now have hypnic jerks that do not allow a minute of sleep.  My head hurts more.  My anxiety is pacing-level.  I just feel overall more sickly.  I wasn't doing well to begin with and I was getting between 10 to 12hrs of sleep per week.  But I had my first couple 3hr nights.  Now it is back to zero.

This is brutal.  I cannot believe a company could put drugs in their supplements and the products somehow got into market.  Feeling so hopeless. 

Uncomfortably Numb-

How much U-Dream were you taking and for how long?  I took the lite version starting in mid-June for sleep after a hellish year of Klonopin withdrawal-  I was having memory loss, jitters, nausea etc but didn't know if it was from k WD or from U-Dream- now I'm betting it was the U-Dream.  I really asked a lot of questions before taking it- I showed my doctor, an herbalist, nutritionist etc- I did not want to get addicted to anything ever again-  Because the Canadian government tests all supplements before approval I had an added level of comfort-  Boy was I wrong-  I've talked to the owner of the company, Biotrade- he insists they have no idea how it got there and whether it is a naturally occurring substance from combination of the herbs- I have no reason to believe him-  Health Canada called me after I talked to them several times to tell me that it had finally been recalled- They said they are continuing testing- I hope that is true so we can know exactly what and how much - 

My approach so far is to taper-  For the last few months I have been taking only 1/2 capsule anyway- Now I'm down to 1/4 1/5 most nights- It's one night at a time as far as sleep - I'm trying to get a lot of exercise during the day so I'm really exhausted at night- At 71 yo it's not that easy- although I'm in pretty decent shape it's still more difficult as an elderly patients- the risks are also greater with these z-drugs-  Let's try to keep in touch and maybe we can help with suggestions and support for each other-

I know I'm really depressed- I thought I had gotten through the worst and would get my life back- Hoping this won't be as difficult a withdrawal- Need to always look for the light whenever possible -

I took the full version or 2 lites for 3 wks.  I really would like to know how much was in it.  Kind of important detail Health Canada is not reporting, don't you think? 

At least you were taking less and were on the mend.  I took this while suffering.  Time will tell.  I wish exercise would make me sleepy as it does for you.  That would be a simple solution. 

But I was taking it for 7 months!  Started in mid-June after my April final dose of Klonopin-  I also wish they could tell us how much is in it- I believe they will- at least the Health Canada gentleman who called me said they were still testing-  I'm tapering now- afraid to go cold turkey-

I mentioned it in an earlier post, but it could be the passion flower in U-dream that causes problems for people in benzo or z-drug withdrawal since passion flower acts on GABA receptors.