Seeking advice please

[Ho...]

Hello,

Really massive sleeping problems and fatigue for awhile. Compounded by a bad reaction to a decongestant. Up almost all night for three nights. Stopped taking it last night and knocked myself out With Benadryl. Slept over six hours but a light sleep and super groggy today again. Is it better to take the Benadryl again tonight if needed or ride out these jerks and sleep starts without anything?

Hope, Benadryl and the other sedating antihistamines (Unisom) give you terrible morning fog. Worst of all they stop working within two three doses.

What about melatonin? I tried it early in my taper when I was having terrible insomnia and it worked pretty well. Keep the dose low, though. 1 mg is sufficient.

I must have tried everything for insomnia. Finally, reluctantly, I tried CBD. I get great sleep with it. CBD is interesting . . . at low doses it is activating; at higher doses, relaxing. That being said, however, you ought to try it at a low dose first to see if it agrees with you.

Hope this has been helpful,

Katz

Thanks, that is helpful. I think the Benadryl in the decongestant really threw off my sleep and then there was a stimulant in there I didn’t know of. The regular benadryl did know me out but came at a cost. I hope this is something I can recover from, as long as I stop taking these things.

I hope this is something I can recover from, as long as I stop taking these things.

Sure you can, Hope. I'd wager a guess that all of us on here struggled with insomnia.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing that did work fairly well for me -- put me to sleep, not too much morning fog . . . and that's hydroxyzine. You need to get your doc to prescribe it. I did develop a tolerance to it, however.

So far, CBD has been most helpful for me.

Best,

katz

Thanks. Took melatonin 1mg and feel wired. And still having Hypnic jerks when trying to relax. Very severe anxiety/adrenaline coursing through my body. I don’t know what to do except just stay off everything.

I don’t know what to do except just stay off everything.

Maybe that's the thing to do, Hope. Your body may be talking to you! It's so hard to know.  :-\

Katz