Hello almost 10 years later!

[Ho...]

Hi everyone -

I wanted to come back almost 10 years later to let you all know that there is light at the end of the tunnel! And for me, it happened much sooner than 10 years.

My story is a little bit unique (and maybe sad too) because I was much younger than most of you. A very stupid psychiatrist put me on Ambien for a year, and then on Klonopin for almost a year. I had to withdrawal from benzos my senior year of high school when I was 18 and jumped right around the time of graduation. It was not fun, but even in all of that pain, I was able to still enjoy parts of my life.

I then went right on to college that fall. Again, not easy having just gone through that experience. I had some ups and downs for sure. Remember that I was in college, and so I made a few silly mistakes with alcohol and drugs at times which in retrospect probably set me back a bit.

But by 2012-2013 I was starting to feel a lot better. I noticed major improvement between 2014-2016 that has sustained itself.

Things that helped me:

-Exercise for sure. This can't be stressed enough. It does help the brain develop and grow.

-Focus on health & wellness. It wasn't just trying to eat better. I made some serious lifestyle changes to really detoxify my life. This involved reducing chemical exposure to all the unnecessary stuff. I don't slather on chemical products every day or use harsh chemicals for cleaning. This would be important stuff even if we were not in benzo withdrawal :)

-Avoid GABA drugs. You guys know that though. A lot of you ask about alcohol. I was able to tolerate 1-2 drinks on occasion in the last couple of years. Remember though: Even people who do not go through benzo hell can develop anxiety problems by drinking small amounts throughout the week.

-I used marijuana and CBD products at varying degrees for various time periods. CBD is interesting stuff and I think there is promise in its ability to help calm an overactive brain -- particularly the glutamate issues that we deal with.

I can't stress enough though: You WILL get better.

Merry xmas!

Thanks HotelYorba, I remember you, and I'm so glad you posted your story.  Most everyone here is a lot older than you, so its encouraging to see a young person beat the beast and go on to live your life.  :smitten:

Pamster

Hi everyone -

I wanted to come back almost 10 years later to let you all know that there is light at the end of the tunnel! And for me, it happened much sooner than 10 years.

My story is a little bit unique (and maybe sad too) because I was much younger than most of you. A very stupid psychiatrist put me on Ambien for a year, and then on Klonopin for almost a year. I had to withdrawal from benzos my senior year of high school when I was 18 and jumped right around the time of graduation. It was not fun, but even in all of that pain, I was able to still enjoy parts of my life.

I then went right on to college that fall. Again, not easy having just gone through that experience. I had some ups and downs for sure. Remember that I was in college, and so I made a few silly mistakes with alcohol and drugs at times which in retrospect probably set me back a bit.

But by 2012-2013 I was starting to feel a lot better. I noticed major improvement between 2014-2016 that has sustained itself.

Things that helped me:

-Exercise for sure. This can't be stressed enough. It does help the brain develop and grow.

-Focus on health & wellness. It wasn't just trying to eat better. I made some serious lifestyle changes to really detoxify my life. This involved reducing chemical exposure to all the unnecessary stuff. I don't slather on chemical products every day or use harsh chemicals for cleaning. This would be important stuff even if we were not in benzo withdrawal :)

-Avoid GABA drugs. You guys know that though. A lot of you ask about alcohol. I was able to tolerate 1-2 drinks on occasion in the last couple of years. Remember though: Even people who do not go through benzo hell can develop anxiety problems by drinking small amounts throughout the week.

-I used marijuana and CBD products at varying degrees for various time periods. CBD is interesting stuff and I think there is promise in its ability to help calm an overactive brain -- particularly the glutamate issues that we deal with.

Merry xmas!

LOL, Klonop**s... 😂😂😂

Good on you for kicking the benzo!

Merry Christmas!

Dave.  8)

Hi everyone -

Things that helped me:

Merry xmas!

Oh, what a hero you are Yorba. Posting this success story and then, less than an hour later, crying for help on the recovery board because you have taken more Xanax. Why don’t you post this story on the k***head board?

Hi everyone -

Things that helped me:

Merry xmas!

Oh, what a hero you are Yorba. Posting this success story and then, less than an hour later, crying for help on the recovery board because you have taken more Xanax. Why don’t you post this story on the k***head board?

Hi - Yes I came back because of my recent exposure to Xanax that is causing me issues.

But prior to this, you will note that I have barely posted in 6-8 years. I moved on from this site, as most do, because I had entered what I considered a "healed" phase. Benzo w/d was truly a bad chapter from almost a decade ago.

I came back here to see if others had similar reactions to a) one time benzo use many years later and b) adverse effects from too many antibiotics.

However, while here, I thought that it would be helpful to post my story to let others know that it does get better and you move on. Even if there are residual issues, they fade and become barely noticeable.

Yes, we can all follow your example of marijuana and who knows what else. A great recipe for success. I feel sorry for those that read your trash yet don’t see where it has got you.

Yes, we can all follow your example of marijuana and who knows what else. A great recipe for success. I feel sorry for those that read your trash yet don’t see where it has got you.

Give me hope,

HotelYorba replied to your inflammatory post in a polite manner, you have not responded in kind, so I will remind you of our forum rules. 

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

Pamster

Great success story thank you. I don't know why you are being shamed for using pot. I don't like it personally but geeze its been 10 years good for you living your life. I'm sorry one benzo messed you up. I'm too scared to ever touch the stuff again but I hope the setback isn't too bad and you get back to normalcy quickly.

• 2 weeks later...