Terrifying vibrating in head, body when try to sleep- help please

[Ho...]

A few nights ago I began having a vibrating feeling in my head, especially as I drift off to sleep, like a jolt. Keeping me awake with terror. Third night in a row. Legs now vibrating too, internal tremor. Torturous. Sleep loss making it worse. I’ve been under a lot of stress recently- physical and emotional. What can be done? How to sleep? Please help!

Hope:

I’m so sorry you are experiencing this - I had the exact same thing started about a month off benzos and lasted about two weeks lessening in intensity. I hope it’s better for you soon. Try to breath while it’s happenig and know that it will pass soon enough. Sending hugs and strength your way!

Well, went to the doctor today and found out it’s the decongestant I’ve been taking for my sinus infection that’s been causing this. Threw it directly in the garbage. Hopefully this will calm down soon. Our systems are just soooo sensitized after benzo w/d.

Oh wow I’m glad you figured it out! What a relief. I somehow managed to get a few hours in when I was going through that. My sleep has been non existent lately - I hope it returns soon. I can’t even take a Tylenol or benedryl without having a reaction. Probably best to let the brain heal without otc intervention, but so hard to manage with zero sleep!

Thanks. I took a Benadryl last night to finally get to sleep. The doctor didn’t say the decongestant caused the vibrations and jerks, she said it can cause insomnia. I also took an antibiotic (Azithromycin) the night before this started- it was supposed to be a double dose. I think that may be what caused this. Plus the decongestant with the antibiotic. Scary.