Things are looking clearer 5 months out

[dr...]

So a little bit about my past. I've been on 1 mg twice a day of xanax for about 6 years. Went from 1 mg twice a day to 0.5 mg twice a day as of last year, thats when i started to realize brain fog and really bad memory issues on top of the awful depression and what not so i decided to quit all together in July. Ever since then it's been hell. I even went one week in november to try to take xanax again and it didnt do its effect like it did anymore, so trial and error and learned my lesson! But gradually something is definitely starting to work its way back to how i was, even if its some exhausted sleep deprived version of me. I been driving without any anxiety at all. I can visit stores without an issue and do complete tasks at hand. This started feeling great for me the last week. My only symptoms currently are still brain fog and no creative thoughts and neck and tmj cracks/pain with extremely dry eyes(im trying systane gel drops and so far so good). The muscle pain could be separate from the benzo withdrawal because i sit terribly at a computer but you never know. Anyways, what i have done personally is start keto diet, cut the carbs and sugar (i drink zero sugar gatorade and its worked wonders because it has electrolytes in them) and taking vitamin d and magnesium in the morning and so far i cant say im 100% or hell, even 70%, but i do feel like things are starting to make sense again. This could be a gorgeous window, but i feel like this is truly a change because its been so out of character the last week of how ive felt the last year or two. This is what i have been doing and i can notice somewhat of a turning point. My brain fog is still very grey and frustrating but i cant say i will accept it because i do have faith in this process now, especially with the depression lifting up. I believe the brain can and will return to its original state if you just hang in there a little bit longer. I'm one of the most impatient people you will ever meet. Trust me when i say SOME things will get better and you will notice them and have a second opinion on recovering. I'm assuming with my own recovery, i'm about 45% there. I still have ways to go but for everyone suffering right now, give it time!

[a3...]

CTd in August.  I have daily episodes of something like this.  I also have bad mornings.  But from 1ish a few hours into evening.  Then mornings.  It makes no sense.  No two people are the same at all.  Thanks for sharing this.  It does help me realize I m healing??

B

So a little bit about my past. I've been on 1 mg twice a day of xanax for about 6 years. Went from 1 mg twice a day to 0.5 mg twice a day as of last year, thats when i started to realize brain fog and really bad memory issues on top of the awful depression and what not so i decided to quit all together in July. Ever since then it's been hell. I even went one week in november to try to take xanax again and it didnt do its effect like it did anymore, so trial and error and learned my lesson! But gradually something is definitely starting to work its way back to how i was, even if its some exhausted sleep deprived version of me. I been driving without any anxiety at all. I can visit stores without an issue and do complete tasks at hand. This started feeling great for me the last week. My only symptoms currently are still brain fog and no creative thoughts and neck and tmj cracks/pain with extremely dry eyes(im trying systane gel drops and so far so good). The muscle pain could be separate from the benzo withdrawal because i sit terribly at a computer but you never know. Anyways, what i have done personally is start keto diet, cut the carbs and sugar (i drink zero sugar gatorade and its worked wonders because it has electrolytes in them) and taking vitamin d and magnesium in the morning and so far i cant say im 100% or hell, even 70%, but i do feel like things are starting to make sense again. This could be a gorgeous window, but i feel like this is truly a change because its been so out of character the last week of how ive felt the last year or two. This is what i have been doing and i can notice somewhat of a turning point. My brain fog is still very grey and frustrating but i cant say i will accept it because i do have faith in this process now, especially with the depression lifting up. I believe the brain can and will return to its original state if you just hang in there a little bit longer. I'm one of the most impatient people you will ever meet. Trust me when i say SOME things will get better and you will notice them and have a second opinion on recovering. I'm assuming with my own recovery, i'm about 45% there. I still have ways to go but for everyone suffering right now, give it time!

I need this kind of faith. I get windows at night, but mornings and day time are a hell to say the least. Confusion & derealization be in the the worst symptoms.

I need this kind of faith. I get windows at night, but mornings and day time are a hell to say the least. Confusion & derealization be in the the worst symptoms.

Same boat actually. Those are my most irritable symptoms for me right now and it drives me nuts sometimes. Distracting the mind can be extremely difficult especially with these symptoms, it's honestly all i thought about. Once you accept that it will pass even though we're all in a tunnel with what appears to be no light at the end, i do trust that in time it will all blow over. My mindset has been more positive towards healing and i slightly feel better about it. Besides, why do you think people still actively join this website and theres success stories posted often? Must mean something :)

[a3...]
Just got back had to to drive to store.  Shaking but we do what we have to do!  Full of sx but I did it!  Gonna meditate the story of my day! How do I do this?